1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I work with my crush! Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Draco, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Long story short my crush is one of my closest friends and we have hooked up in the past but he swears he's straight and I think sometimes be resents me for the past. My problem is I've come to the conclusion despite all the signs that he's probably never going to be with me but we work with eachother and I see him all day everyday. As much as I try to push him away he keeps coming back and I've fallen head over heals for him. How do I get over someone and try to move on when I have to see him all day everyday?

2. luvlontime

I'll let ya know when I get over mine!! LOL!! I look at it like at least I get to see him everyday. I would hate it if I couldn't. He is soooo hot and fun to be around. Good luck. i know what ur going thru & it sux. But be positive.

3. gggualigeee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How about moving on by seeking for someone else in your workplace.

4. Jade Ivy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's possible that you can't get over it and see a person all day every day. I've been there. I couldn't. I didn't get over it until I moved on to another workplace. Even then, I'm not totally over it. Some crushes can be very tenacious.

5. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My crush doesn't know I'm gay. Yea weird I know! We have hooked up a few times drunk and sober and the next day we always talk about it to clear the air. He always says I'm not gay and I say I'm not either(yea total lie) I just didn't want to scare him off. We have a very strange dynamic. Before we hooked up he used to love when I have him massages and he loved to cuddle and to flirt. Then after we hooked up he still flirts a little but he's more distant but we stare into eachothers eyes for long times. We sit next to eachother on the couch and gaze into eachothers eyes but I fell like when he realizes there's somthing there he gets scared and retreats back from me. Should I tell him I love him and risk ruining our friendship?

6. gggualigeee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think you should hold for a longer period to see whether he wants to treat you only in a professional way or not.
    Then just tell him what you think, I don't think this is going to ruin your friendship, although it'll make you two feel awarkard.

7. Vicking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm currently under the exact same situation. But I suffer too much with this, and I think the only solution will be changing jobs, which I would hate to do but I just can't live with this agony anymore.

I plain and simple fell in love with the guy in 2009 (I still remember the exact day I admitted to myself). A few days after that, I found out he was actually having problems on a relationship, with a woman from our office! God, those were the most sad days of my entire life. I had never been put in a situation like this, and at the time I simply couldn't quit my job. I actually had to work for month witnissing the love of my life being with someone else, and since I was still in the closet, I couldn't even share my pain with anyone. I now know it's a very common thing, and many gays go through the same situation. What I regret from that time is how I reacted, I was suddenly very mad at him, treated him like shit, and we stopped hanging out.

But I got closer to him with the end of the relationship (and to my satisfaction, the woman left - even though I liked her as a friend). He was very depressed, and I just couldn't see him like that. By that time, we got really really close, but even though I flerted with him all the time, nothing ever happened. He did strange things too, but to this day I still don't know if it's just wishful thinking by me. For that reason, I consider myself a very naive person, because I just don't know what goes on his head.

He had many affairs and dates with girls since then, and for each time I got a broken heart. It's so depressing, and my mind keeps believing he's doing it to catch my attention, or to make me jealous.

Nowadays I still get hurt, but I don't get mad at him anymore, because I came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what he does, my love for him won't stop (and he's a very kind man, with a pure heart). He has many demons inside him, which I obviously think it's some kind of denial, but sometimes I think I will never be sure. All I know is that it would be terrible if I left my job and never saw him again, I don't think I will ever meet someone like him again. He's very similar to Ennis del Mar from Brokeback Mountain, just a little more outgoing I guess (he has many friends, but almost all of them are female friends).

It makes me angry how I spent so many years of my life under this tragic situation. And it's not over yet.

#7 Vicking, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I work with my Crush as well & he is so hot & he knows it :slight_smile: only problem is he is moving to another part of the building in a couple of months & I won't see him as often, there goes my guilty pleasure of checking him out on a daily basis Lol