1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rough night and day. how to get through it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 8, 2013.

1. MerBear

last night was well...hell ...i was reading my book i ordered "down to the bone"
    and i thought that it was just another book right? but that book tore me apart , near the end of the book ...there was a part i was reading and just busted into tears because i could relate so well too and it tore me apart because it reminded me of my ex girlfriend and what she did to me and i cried so hard last night , i thought i was fine and that i moved on but i haven't and i wouldn't admit it to myself really but besides that ....it was a great book of course but it killed me because it reminded me of her....and it didn't stop there , finally i fell asleep at 1AM and had a dream about her....and in the dream...she posted on my wall (here on EC) saying "i didn't mean to hurt someone i love" and then i was trying to tell her that i cried so hard last night or something...then it switched to me seeing her picture....and then i saw her in this room and in the dream i cried too....so i woke up this morning....feeling like total shit and usually i can pretend and act like everything's fine around my friends but today ...i was so out of it...
    i was drained from crying last night...and i just was so sad today...im home now and i want to sleep....i have to do this big project to do and i have to go to this play pretty soon...

my question is how can i get through the rest of the day?

2. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I get through my days just by looking at how lucky I am to have the support that is available on this site. I'm here for you (*hug*) It's okay to not be over someone. Those things take time. Just don't lie to yourself. Say "I am not over her and that's okay. She hurt me but I'm going to get through it." And you will. I know it seems like it will take you forever and happiness seems so out of reach. Believe me, I've been there. I've cut. I almost killed myself a couple times. But I'm still here and I'm so glad. Life does get better. You may not be able to see the sun now, but these clouds will fade. I promise. <3

3. MerBear

thank you :slight_smile:
    i hope the fade because im on the edge..its driving nuts still crying her...its pathetic for me to still cry over someone who i hurt me

4. Kay

Kay Guest

Tears help us heal. It is better to pour out in the healthy rain of tears than to remain inside hurting us over and over. The fact you can share your pain here with those that understand and support you helps as well. Joy shared is twice the joy and pain shared is half the pain. You have shoulders to lean on. It was said by FallenAngel That it will get better and it will. Hugs sweetie and chin up. (&&&)

5. MerBear

thank you :slight_smile:
    maybe daydreaming up another story with a girl will help me..

6. Kay

Kay Guest

It may help you. Any sort of outlet may give you comfort. Hugs

7. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds like the author put some good effort in connecting with the audience! Let the tears flow naturally, or do something fun! Sometimes I make myself cry on purpose, mainly by listening to Christmas songs and old classical pieces. If you like, I could tell you the names of some of my "crying music". Also, what was the author of the book? I googled the book but multiple authors popped up.

8. MerBear

marya lazara dole.

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2013 at 08:09 PM ----------

yeah...i was daydreaming today during the play but couldn't concentrate