1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not happening fast enough...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by luvlontime, Jan 8, 2013.

1. luvlontime

Has anyone wanted things to move faster?

I was bored tonight and decided to just investigate a dating site. I put in all my likes, hobbies, interests etc just to see who they would match me up with, and I kinda got bummed. The guys they found didn't really match me. I chose never for exercise and all the men they found say they exercise 4-5 times per week. Guess Sheldon from Big Bang was right when he said dating sites were hocum - LOL!! Seriously tho, I got bummed because I am not out yet, (close to telling my closest friend), but it was a little discouraging because I am really quiet and shy until I get to know someone and if a dating site won't work, I fear I am screwed! Its like I wish I could just get a Genie from a bottle, and POOF...I am in an awesome relationship.

I don't know, maybe I am just trying to rush it, and I know half the fun of being with someone is finding "the one". Just that I have been keeping this secret for so long and am sooooo ready to just out myself (since I came out to myself happily) I want to live my life and be happy. The one thing that I was impressed with was that of the men the site matched me with, the majority of them liked the idea of just snuggling on a couch together watching movies. That did give me some hope, even tho most of their likes said they are adventurous and don't like to live in bars. Anyone with any advice I would take it gladly.

Here's to hoping that I find Mr. Right before I am too old to enjoy our life together. After re-reading it, I sound like a whiny bitch, but I don't know. :bang:

2. Deaf Not Blind

well a straight girl i knew who was virgin and never dated any man found her perfect match on one of the Chritian dating sites. I would not do it though.

I think it must be hard for shy guys. you are expected to be the one to do the asking out! i think even though you are not in college there must be some gay groups in your area you can find friends and potentially somebody you are attracted to.

What hobbies do you have? maybe you should do stuff and some other gay guys will be doing it too? idk, skiing?

3. nydtc

My story:

I met my current BF on my first day of on a dating site. While I had been active in the community - he was not. I had signed up to look for one person's profile - I never did meet that first guy. My partner and I just clicked. While we lived 20 mins apart - we would never have met otherwise.
    My point is - the looking - the hunt is part of the fun!!! Don't rush it. If something great happens - great - if it takes 6 months so be it.