1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"You should've been a guy or at least a tomboy"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The heading says it all. The exact words of one of my colleagues/friends. (Of course I replied with, "But I AM a tomboy" - Not much reaction on his part)

We were chatting yesterday and he said that twice during our conversation. We weren't even on that topic, but he brought it up. I know he has feelings for me, as he confessed it towards the end of last year. But why would anyone say something like that? He's perfectly straight as far as I can tell. Perhaps he's just into tomboyish women?

I told him about me questioning my sexuality and that I recently had a girlfriend too and he seemed unphased by it.

I told one of my other close male friends that I use men's deodorant simply because I like it and prefer it to women's fragrances. He raised his concerns about people being able to tell and I just said that I know and don't care :lol:

#1 Ruby Dragon, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The girl I'm currently dating is a stud/butch woman and I knew that before things got serious. I like her for personality more than anything, but it does bother me that she prefers men's deodorant/cologne over women's. But I've learned to looked pass certain things; your friend obviously likes you no matter what. Are the feelings mutual or are trying to get an reaction out of him by telling him these things? You're obviously comfortable with being a woman and there's nothing wrong with you expressing yourself the way you choose to do so. Don't allow what anyone has to say about you affect how you feel about yourself. You're not a guy, you're a woman who's more masculine, perhaps?

Just like how they are straight men who are more feminine than some women. I have a guy friend who I often joke with about him being born in the wrong body. No offense to anyone, but I adore his femininity. He smells so good sometimes, like a woman and it's really funny. However, I can't lie, people often asks me if he's gay, which he thinks is funny, but not so much because he loves the ladies. Just be yourself and continue standing up for yourself. You know who you are, don't let anyone take that away from you, plus confidence is a turn on whether you're gay/straight :slight_smile:

#2 pinklov3ly, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You always have the nicest way of putting things :slight_smile:

I also believe that I have a lot more masculinity about me than the "average woman" - And I'm absolutely fine with it. It sometimes puts people off, especially now that I've got short hair but I don't care. If they're too shallow to get to know the person inside, and want to judge me on my appearance then I don't need them in my life in the first place.

I think he likes me as I am and doesn't mind that I'm not a girly-girl. We kiss a couple of times each day, but have to be sneaky about it because we're at work... But I won't say that I have feelings for him. I'm just enjoying the attention. No harm done IMO. We agreed to just be friends (with benefits, obviously) so all's well.

He also said that if I find someone else then I should go for it. So guess he knows I'm not THAT into him :icon_redf