1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual or just bi-curious?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ohthecuriousity, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ohthecuriousity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so for about over a year now, I've been really unsure about my sexuality.

I've always just assumed I was straight from when I was a little kid. I didn't know what gay/lesbian/bisexual etc was until the age of 9 so I just thought men were always supposed to be attracted to women and women were supposed to be attracted to men. Then when I found out that that wasn't always the case, I did what a lot of little kids did ( and still do), say 'Ewwww.' I guess I just said that because the whole concept was new to me. I didn't know anyone who was gay at the time, I didn't know anything.

As I grew up a bit more, I started to get used to the fact that not all people were straight. Whenever someone would say 'oh he's gay' or 'she's bisexual', it would come to a surprise to me but I was definitely not as judgmental as I was as a kid. I was accepting but surprised.

Then when I was 14 I started to think to myself, 'Wow, you've come a long way from when you were a kid. You're so much more accepting now. It'd be so ironic if you turned out lesbian or bi yourself.' Now, I know for a fact I am not lesbian because I am sexually attracted to guys. But I can also be sexually attracted to girls. I have kissed both sexes before, though, I have only ever kissed girls in games like Truth or Dare. I am attracted to guys a lot more but still am attracted to girls. I've had two dreams (well, of what I can remember anyway) where I have made out with girls (that I know haha). I don't have a crush on them or anything but I do find them attractive, especially one of them. Now that I think about it, when I first hung out with her, she had sat on me and I loved the way her soft legs rubbed against mine and how her girly scented perfume followed her around as she walked past. I don't think I realised it at the time but I have come to the conclusion that I had a crush on her and was sexually attracted to her. I can't say she's my first female crush because I truly don't know. I might've had crushes on girls in the past and just never realised it but idk.

Something else that has happened lately is when one of my friends (female and bisexual) rubbed her leg against mine, rubbed my neck with her finger, suggested we take a shower and have a sleepover together, I was automatically aroused.

I am currently in a relationship with a guy but I feel as if I've lost feelings for him already. I think I am bisexual but there's just a little something that's holding me back, such as the fact that I don't know if I'd ever start a family with a woman, simply because I'd much rather have a child that's biologically mine, if you get what I mean. Would I have a relationship with a female? Yes. Would I have a sexual relationship with a woman? Of course. Starting a family with one? I'm not so sure.

So my main question is, am I really bisexual or just bi-curious? I feel that I am more than just bi-curious, therefore, bisexual and my friend that I recently spoke to this about because she's lesbian and she knows what it's like to be confused and all that, says that I am most likely bisexual and just lean towards guys more. I wanted to know what you guys thought.

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you are definitely bisexual. The fact that you got aroused when your friend suggested you two shower together is a good sign. Being bi-curious is basically wondering whether or not you think you could kiss or have sex with a girl. You've already kissed a girl. And in my opinion, if you like kissing a girl, then you'll most likely enjoy the sex too.
    Just by reading the way you described how a lot of things made you feel was a dead giveaway to you being bisexual.

3. gary1955

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Go with your gut feeling you know yourself better than anyone. Your happiness is what makes it worth it.

4. zydrateaddict97

From your post, I'd say bisexual. Just go and do or call yourself whatever feels right to you.