1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm proud but still in denial.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bzrk, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Bzrk

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey
    I've been in denial about my sexuality but now I've accepted it for some reason part of me is trying to convince me that im straight even though I know im not. Have any of you been through this?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I've tired everything that I could think of, from dating guys to just flat out denying how I felt. It's been mentally exhausting during the last 6 years of my life. Every time I'd go out with a guy, I'd check out the women in the room. I know it sounds terrible, but I've always been up front with guys about how I felt. And then one day, I just couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to accept being gay. I knew that I couldn't change how I felt, which left me with only one choice. I know that it may seem impossible to fully accept now, and that's okay. It takes strength, courage, wisdom, time and a lot of tears or at least if did for me.

Once you realize that you cannot change how you feel, you'll be better off. You'll be able to follow a path of self acceptance. It's not easy, but if I can do it then anything is possible. Just take things slow and embrace your feelings (*hug*)

#2 pinklov3ly, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. JohnJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Bzrk,

Oh yes. I have been in denial for most of my life. I have know since pretty much forever that I am gay. Only during the past year, due to some changes in my life, have I reflected on being gay and have come to accept it. It was a long, difficult, and drawn out process.

I have come to realize that being different is really a great thing. It doesn't make it any easier, but it does give me courage to go forward.

Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself.

4. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Denial is the first step in grief. Usually grief can occur when you realize who you really are. The steps of grief as followed:denial-anger-bargaining-grief-acceptance. If you ever come out to someone, they will usually go through the 5 steps of grief until they learn to acceptt you for who you are. This is probably what is happening to you right now. You could also possibly be curious. No one knows for certain but you. Let time take its course and have nature do all the work for you. Good luck!

5. Shiny Espeon

I had accepted I was gay, but was constantly trying to convince myself I was bi or pan. Not really sure why, as I always knew I wouldn't want sex with a woman.

6. Rainbow Music

Oh yes. Especially since I was raised a christian. If anybody want to know my story. Just ask.