1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I do it and when is the best time?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tryhtwfr, Jan 9, 2013.

1. tryhtwfr

I don't know if whether coming out to my bestfriend on my birthday is the right time :help:

I mean, I've met so many people on Twitter/Facebook that have been through my circumstances and encourage me to come out whenever I feel comfortable. I promised my friend that I would be honest more about myself and such to her as a new years resolution and told her I would tell her some shocking news in April. A few months ago, one of our friends came out to the whole school well nearly the whole school (he was bisexual) but it was more of an attention-seeking act to the extent of our knowledge. Long story short, my bestfriend accepted him and as did I but she also thinks it was an attention-seeking act. Now I'm gay but I feel I would be more comfortable telling her I was Bi than gay because I do have feelings for girl and can only ever truly love a girl but I think I want to tell her I'm Bi rather than gay so she doesn't stereotype me but I don't want her thinking that I'm the same as this guy and just looking for attention. My birthday is next week and I plan on telling her but I don't know how she will take it because I'm just so paranoid, I've gotten so close to her lately and I feel paranoid that she may bitch about me BUT I DONT WANT TO SHOW ANYONE I'M PARANOID! I just don't know what to do, I want to tell her because shes the only one I need in my life but I feel like I'm going to breakdown when I tell her and I don't know what is the best possible way. Like say I text her and months later we are not friends, she could screencapture that text and tell everyone?

2. tryhtwfr

Bump! Please help :slight_smile:

3. shovelman

Well if you think she would do that then maybe it's not a good idea to tell her but first you have to consider your stance with her as friend and how much do you trust her? because it sounds like you're having some doubts that your friendship will last... so before you tell her ask your self why her and if you really trust her to keep your secret until you're more comfortable about coming out.

4. tryhtwfr

I mean I love her to bits and she's white where most of my school is 75% asian's but being around asians, etc has taught me how bitchy and shitstirring they can be but this girl I love her to bits as a friend but I don't know if she will blurt it out which she hasn't in the past and I've been such long friends with her. I feel like coming out tomorrow to her (day before my birthday) but I just want to do it on my birthday as I want to make it have a bit more meaning to it as I've kept it in for a long time.