1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanely in love with another guy-help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nemos, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Nemos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone, after many many weeks of depression finally everything have been falling into piece, I'm more happy and don't get depressed anymore... now I'm a college student at the age of 18 and I'm absolutely insanely in love with a guy in my ICT class, I cannot take my eyes away from him, I love when he smiles,I love looking at him (this explains why I do not do much work in class :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just cannot take my eyes away from him), this is not just going on for a week or two, I noticed him ever since I started ICT and he always attracted me but now is insane, I cannot stop thinking about him, I cannot do work, I cannot even play games, all I want is him. This is where the funny part comes in, I don't even know his name but we're in same class, people might think I'm a bit foolish to love someone without knowing their personality but I do believe in love from the first sight and since I lived I have never felt such a desire to be with someone, he drives me crazy.

Now my biggest concern is that he might not be gay... it would of really hurt me to find out I cannot be with someone because he likes different gender, especially when I would give anything that I have and could have just to be with the guy. Any ideas how to start up on him? I have no idea what to do :slight_smile:

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it sucks, but the only way to get things started is to talk to him. Do you ever see him outside of class around school? The only thing you currently have in common is that class, so if you ever see him, you could go up and say "Hey aren't you in my ICT class?" You could talk about that briefly and then move onto more interesting stuff and try to get to know him a bit if he seems open to it. You can also go up to him during the class, but I can't think of a way to randomly approach him for no reason without it seeming odd or like you are blatantly interested in him, lol. Unless you need to do a partner or group activity at some point.. Maybe others will have better ideas. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Nemos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    up it sucks and no I do not see him outside of my ICT class sadly.

4. Jekle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nemos, Someone has to instigate the conversation. Trust me, glaring and staring eventually gets boring and will loose interest eventually. Why not sit next to him in ICT class? Or ask him about some work. I'm sure he wouldn't mind and a straight guy can hardly make any accusations about you asking him some simple questions. If he is interested in you, He would be more than happy to speak to you. Just make the move! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Invent a reason or wait for one (preferably invent one, or you might end up waiting forever) to talk to him during class. I do not suggest flirting or poking about his sexuality at first, instead just get to know him. You'll probably get some signs if he's gay, if you get none, bring up the topic of LGBT somehow and see how he reacts. Most homosexual/bisexual people will be interested in a conversation about the topic, even if they are closeted. He may even straight up mention his sexuality.

I caution you against getting too excited at this point. I know it feels like you love him, but you can't. You don't even know his name, let alone what he's like underneath the superficial side strangers see. I'm not saying that he could be completely repulsive if you got to know him, in fact, chances are, if you like him right now, you'll probably still like him if you get to know what he's like. Just realize that what you're feeling right now is just attraction, you don't even know if he can reciprocate it, let alone whether he's right for you. Try to avoid obsessing over him, for two reasons, the first being that if you invest all of yourself in this working out, and it's doesn't, you'll crash hard. Secondly, needy people who seem desperate for a relationship (i.e they're falling over themselves to start one with you) tend to kill interest pretty quickly. Even if you're just being really nice, not demanding, you can produce the same effect. You have to behave like you have some confidence in yourself, like you're something that needs some work to win over.

Start by talking with him when you see him in class, then after you've established whether you share interests, suggest that you hang out together some time. Don't make it like a date unless A) You know (not think) he's gay/bi. B) That he's the type to enjoy a direct approach. A lot of gay/bi people tend to be a little more cautious about starting relationships if they're still closeted/just out of the closet. Unless he's making advances, flirting with you, I'd reccomend just keeping things casual at first. Once you start getting signals back from him, then you start thinking about dating.

#5 4AllEternity, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  6. Nemos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awesome responds, any idea what I can do if I stress myself out because I always get to a stage where I cant say anything when I see him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: