1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me back?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Seanathon, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Seanathon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so I posted a thread a couple months ago about a guy in my Spanish class that I really like and who I think likes me back. He and I met through a mutual friend. He is literally the most perfect guy you could possibly imagine. He is handsome, smart, kind, hilarious, and so much fun to just be around. He also plays soccer which is a huge plus because he is very in shape and athletic and he also has a six pack. When I say he is attractive I mean that on a scale of 1 to 10 he would be a 10! I have around 10 female friends that have huge crushes on him. I want to know what are some things you have noticed about people that can give you a clue if they are gay and like you. Here are some of the reasons I think he likes me.
    • I genuinely get the gay vibe from him. I got this vibe from him right after meeting him and before I started liking him.
    • I've caught him looking at me several times.
    • He kind of acts like I do (makes the same kinds of faces, noises, etc.)
    • He makes continuous eye contact with me whenever we're talking.
    • He acts differently in general around me than with his other guy friends.
    • He has play punched me and I've felt him brush up against me a couple of times.
    • He has specifically chosen me to be his partner for class assignments over our mutual friend that he has known longer
    • He is literally so attractive that he could have whoever he wants, yet as far as I know he has never had a girlfriend
    • He doesn't seem interested in girls at all
    • He acts kind of awkward and withdrawn around other guys, but not with me
    • I feel like I've known him forever
    • when my friends are playfully making fun of me he will defend even though he knows they are just kidding
    • One time in class I noticed he had different shoes on and I asked him, "Hey, did you get new shoes?" and he said "Yeah. Did you get a new face?" and I was like "Dangit. No, I forgot." and then he said "Well you don't need a new one."
    • He constantly tries to make me laugh
    • he constantly laughs at my jokes even when they're really stupid and dumb. For example, one time when we were in class some of my friends were comparing us and saying "One's dropdead hot and the others not, etc.", and he said "Aw, I feel so bad". I then said "It's okay. I don't mind." I then made a really dumb joke that I knew was really dumb and he laughed. I then said "It's okay, that joke was so stupid, you don't have to laugh" and he said "Naw, I thought it was cute."
    • He laughs at my laugh, while all my other friends call me stupid
    • some of my friends seem to have noticed that we act differently around each other and have insinuated to both of us that we're gay
    • He's playfully unzipped my jacket (and I mean it was completely random).
    • When I was sick for a week he told me that he missed me
    • he says hi to me in the halls and not to our mutual friend whom he's known longer
    • He's going to be a senior next year and is taking French just because I asked him to so we could have a class together, even though he has absolutely no need to.
    • This is the biggest thing so far, he asked me to come and watch him play the guitar on VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Soooo, what do you guys think. Feel free to leave your honest opinions and experiences with this kind of thing.

2. jaysuss

Well I don't want to sound that rude but i am going to. Take the hint! If that doesn't hit you in the face then maybe you should get a brain!

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well with situations like these it's anyone's guess, but it does sound like he could possibly be interested in you. Do you guys hangout outside of school? If not, I would see if he would want to sometime.

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely sounds like he's flirting with you.

5. photoguy93

Come on. No straight male does this. If they do, it is to a girl. As someone who is 20 and has had a few of these experiences, find a way to act on them. I'm not saying sex. I'm just saying - if you like him, show that back. He's being very flirty. He's old enough To know the difference. Has he been dating girls?

You can't become my age and look back and go "crap, why didn't I show him back?" AND, if he ever says he isn't interested then don't take crap. There was a guy who acted like this to me. He would send pictures and be like "don't I look good?"

Then he just up and stopped. Don't be taken advantage of!

6. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say he likes you. However, don't assume anything until you actually know, it hurts even more if you start assuming they like you and get ahead of things. But based on those signs I would definetly say you have good reason to try and move things along, flirt back, perhaps ask him over to hang out some time (i,e "Wanna come over this weekend, chill, checkout games and shit?"). I will say that those are some great signs that most likely indicate he has feelings for you, but keep in mind that when you're in love, you tend to pick out only the things that suggest that love is returned, and ignore the ones that suggest the opposite.

I'm just advising that you don't get ahead of things, however, there is definitely enough signals to justify seriously pursuing this; you'd be crazy to let this possibility pass you by. You're so lucky dude ^_^

7. Divopix

I definitely think he's interested. After reading those points, I do exactly all of those to the guy I like, and a bit more :wink: but I definitely am
    getting the flirtatious vibe!

Maybe you and him and your mutual friend can all hang out! Or better yet, just you two? Keep us updated! I love these threads.

8. ForceAndVerve

Sounds like agreat guy!

At first I would say he's totally into you but I have read way too many threads where guys get the same sort of attention/vibes from guys they know and they turn out in the end to be straight. So I will just add to the air of caution issued by other members.

Hopefully you will get an answer to the big question by spending more time time with him and getting closer to him.

Good luck and keep us updated if things "progress". :grin: