1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficulty Trusting A Gender?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by worriedWardrobe, Jan 10, 2013.

1. worriedWardrobe

Okay, so, I'm pansexual, but I have difficulty trusting women. I believe this is because of numerous bad experiences. Trust broken, random hatred, taken advantage of, etc. It seems like every female friend I've had has hurt me in some way.

I hold no grudge against people of the opposite sex, but I find them more difficult to trust. I want to fix this.

Now, here's where it becomes a real problem: Recently, a girl that I've known for as long as I can remember, randomly started talking to me. At first, I was like "Sure, okay", but now I'm realizing that there may be another motive. She's been asking me to walk home with her, after school, and she's been doing things like borrowing my jacket. She has also asked me to hang-out this weekend, and she bought one of my favourite games (Killing Floor) to play with me. Then, she started challenging me to things like "Who can get to level 20 in Skyrim faster?".

She's a really nice girl, and everything. I like talking to her, and she's fun to be around, but when push comes to shove, I don't want to screw it up.

Does anyone know what I can do? Am I being delusional, and she doesn't like me? Confused: Help :eusa_doh:

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2013 at 10:22 PM ----------

Not to mention the fact that I seriously want to be in a relationship, soon! I'd rather be with a guy, but I'd be just as happy either way

2. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I sort of understand your feelings, they sound similar to what I finally understood my last (serious) crush felt like when we talked about the whole proverbial elephant in the room (that I liked him). He was great, kind and caring, he explained that he really liked me, but that he just couldn't bring himself to actually love me or anyone. Sounds like you've had a lot of trouble with relationships, and as such are cautious about investing yourself into one.

I would say that she probably likes you. It's unusual for a girl to selectively show a guy such affection and closeness. Despite this, I would advise that you take caution about jumping into a relationship. Depending on how long you've been like this with her, I'd suggest letting things simmer for a while before moving forward. The reason behind this is that she seems to really like you, but you seem to really like the idea of her. You want a relationship desperately, she wants you. Before getting her hopes up, make sure that you're feelings are legitmate, and not just because she happened to show affection to you.

However, I would say she sounds great, it's a rare girl that's so willing to work to earn a guy's affection, most are taught by society that a guy will just come along and sweep them off their feet. I'd give her a chance :slight_smile: Good luck!

3. worriedWardrobe

Thanks. I've known her for a long, and I mean long, time. I haven't talked to her in months.

The last time I talked to her was last March. She was dating one of my friends at the time, and he broke up with her because she wouldn't do things in the bedroom. I took his side, at first, but then realized how awful he was, and it ended in a punch-out. I haven't talked to either of them since.

Also, I'd like to add that I am a very calm person, and do not get angry at anything, and I did not initiate the fight.

4. Wndy

Wndy Guest

I don't know what to say about your trust issues. You're aware that not all women are untrustworthy, and that's the first step. Beyond that, I don't know. Others will probably have good advice.

But it does sound like she likes you. Possibly just as a friend, but it sounds like more.

5. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG I'm going through the exact same thing with a guy. I like hanging out with him because he likes the same things I do (playing games). But he keeps texting me all the time and I think he is coming on to me. I think the main reason I am uncomfortable around him (and guys in general) is because I don't want anything romantic with them. Maybe you aren't untrusting of women maybe you are just worried they will hit on you. It seems like you aren't interested in dating women right now. For a while I went through this crisis thinking that I might "hate men." Then I realized the only times I felt uncomfortable around men where when I thought they were hitting on me.