1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if I am Bisexual or Lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Redhead2150, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Redhead2150

Hi, well I need advice...every since I was young even in middle school high school I never went through that "guy crazy" stage. I find some men attractive when it comes to the face but I never really attached to a man no matter how hard I tried even sexually I never felt anything. When I was young I however remember being best friends with this girl and I wanted to be around her all the time whenever she would hang out with anyone else or get a boyfriend I would seem jealous. I didn't know if I wanted to be her (as someone I admire) or If I wanted to be with her. She would treat me like crap and Id still want to be in her circle to be near her... I was eleven at the time do you guys think I had a crush on her? My junior year in high school I went through the same thing with a different girl I always wanted to be around her and anytime she had a boyfriend I guess I would feel jealous but I've only felt this way about two girls I've never felt that way for guys I kinda feel like I have to force myself to like guys. Can anyone give any advice on what you ladies or gentlemen think? Do you all think I'm a lesbian?

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You actually sound a lot like me. You find men attractive, but you can't see yourself being emotionally attached to one. I actually can't see myself sleeping with a guy either, since I have to be emotionally attached to someone for it to get that far. I went through a "guy crazy" stage when I was young also. But when I kissed guys, it felt like something was missing. When I was 14, a girl kissed me. I knew right away that girls were a lot different than boys. It was a magical and sensual moment for me.
    So I would say you're a Kinsey 4 lesbian, like me.

3. stainedglass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You both sound like me. Thank you for helping define me. Anyhow, I identify as a lesbian, so perhaps you are.

4. Ianthe

It sounds like you are probably gay.

Just as a general thing, if you know you like women and you aren't sure if you like men, and the culture you live in has been trying to convince you to like men for your whole life--well, you are probably a lesbian. Why would you doubt having feelings for men, if you did? I would suggest that the only reason you think you might like men is that you were always taught to expect that you would.

This can be very difficult to accept at first. But why not try it out for a few days? Just think of yourself as a lesbian for the weekend. Give yourself permission to not be interested in guys. If they hit on you, note that you don't have to "give them a chance" if you don't want to (which you don't). Even though you just met them, it's okay to already know you aren't interested.

Instead, let yourself imagine relationships with women, and generally try to presume that you are a lesbian. Then, on Monday, evaluate whether that was natural for you.

Sometimes, it's easier to accept something provisionally at first.

5. Redhead2150

Thank you all for the kind words and advice :slight_smile: Its hard to have anyone to turn to when you live in a small closed minded town. I think ive always been in denial afraid of whay my family will think or friends but. Could ignore it to a degree but now its hitting me harder than ever noticing ladies in a different light and having thoughts and dreams about wanting to kiss or be close to them I've never once dreamed about men that way. I feel the guys in my life are more like buddies that id just hang with have no romantic imterest what so ever. Thank you all again for the support :slight_smile: