1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinsey Scale?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ecd123, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ecd123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I think I took the Kinsey Scale test...and got a 3 which I guess is me but there weren't an equal amount of questions. It asked things about sexual relations with women, but not with men...? I Googled "Kinsey Scale" but this seems weird that there were so little questions.
    Did I take the right test? Or was it the wrong website?
    Does anyone have the official?

Also, how do you feel about the Kinsey Scale?

2. stainedglass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the best way to use the Kinsey Scale is just to read the definition of each number and then decide which fits you best. And while I don't see the scale as a perfect tool, I think it can be quite helpful for some.

3. mike19

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I prefer breaking it down into different levels of attractions: sexual, romantic, and physical, and decide where you fit (gay, bi, straight, etc.) in each of those categories.

If you wanna go the extra mile, then throw a little bit of math into it to decide the average, if you feel necessary.
    Say 10 represents gay, and 1 represents straight. Split each category onto a 1-10 scale, decide where you stand on each, add the 3 numbers together and divide by 3. This'll give you some kind of loose number representing where you stand on a 1-10 scale. I'm a 7...I think :s

4. ForceAndVerve

I don't believe that any test can accurately gauge your sexuality.

As Stainglass said, the best way is to just look at what different parts of the scale represent and choose yourself where you fit based off your feelings towards people.

Personally I think the Kinsey scale is a good reference point for people to be able to visually identify where their sexuality lies. Ony thing is it doesn't take into account degrees of pan/a sexuality.

5. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

It measures sexual behavior. So a gay guy can hypothetically be a Kinsey 0 if he only had sex with girls.

6. Eatthechildren

I really dislike the Kinsey scale :L