1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nepenthe, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My aunt was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and I can't stop worrying. I'm worried about her upcoming surgery, and the treatments she'll have to go through afterward. I'm worried that she won't find a place to live before she has to leave the place she's staying now. I'm worried that the stress will throw my cousin offtrack after she's finally found what she wants to do in life and has been doing SO well in school. I'm worried about what all of this is doing to my grandma's blood pressure.

Lately it's been so bad that I'm having trouble focusing on anything. I don't know what to do. I know there's nothing I really can do. All I can do is watch helplessly and hope things turn out for the best. I hate this feeling.

2. xxMMxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how cancer can effect a whole family my aunt died last year from cancer all you can really do is be there for her, try to stay strong and a hope everything turns out for the best. I'm sorry I can't be more help. I hope she gets well soon.

3. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry about your aunt. Losing someone to cancer is hard. The same happened to my grandpa a couple years ago after a long struggle. I know it's unlikely that my aunt's situation is quite that serious, but the thought that it might be stresses me out. But writing it all out has calmed me down a little. Thank you for listening.