1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mind is playing tricks

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lostinlife, Jan 12, 2013.

1. lostinlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So.. here it goes, All of my life (since I was 15) I have considered myself straight with some gay tendencies. Ever since puberty I always had a strong attraction to women, but as I got older the thought of men started entering my mental and visual scope but only in a sexual fantasy type roll. Eventually I had become infatuated with gay sex and decided to act upon those feelings, and I did enjoy it, but almost immediately after the act I felt disturbed and bothered and decided that men weren't for me.That feeling would typically last for a few months and then the urge for male contact would sneak back into my mind. And so I lived happily with this up until I was 28, I had remained single for quite sometime satisfying which ever desire arose at the time. Until I met this girl, now normally I would meet a woman hook up with her and no longer have an interest in her, but this one was different I had to be with her and stay with her. But now it feels as though my sexual desire for men is much stronger than my desire for her. Sometimes I get an erection amd lose it very quickly when I am with her. My thoughts of sex are no longer full of women it is all men in my sexual desires. Here is my issue, I am not emotionally attracted to men, actually I am not attracted to men per se but I am attracted to their plumbing very much. I love my girlfriend but I am no longer really interested in having sex with her. When we do have sex I am usually never as firm with her as I am when I am with man. Again though I don't think I want a relationship with a man. I am just totally lost and longer able to think clearly any more.. Now I starting to think I may be gay but tottaly still in love with my gf with very little sexual attraction to her. Sorry if this is hard to follow.. I just started writing with no real structure, I just let my thought regurgitate. Any adive or similar stories would help alot.

2. Van

Van

#2 Van, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  3. lostinlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi thanks.. I breezed through that link briefly. I guess what bothers me the most is that it seems as though my attraction to men is ever evolving and getting stronger, if I were still single or much younger I don't think I would really have an issue with this dilemma. But now I am concerned with why is this happening now as I enter my thirties. If these feeling are true I would like to believe I would accept the new me. But then I start believing maybe I am just yerning for this because I cannot have it.

4. Van

Van

That's not weird at all. Don't worry, a lot of people discover they're not as straight as they think they are later in life. I know someone your age who told me he never had feelings for men until 2 or 3 years ago.