1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone else had this worry?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 12, 2013.

1. MerBear

im worried on coming out after i get my feelings sorted out because im worried they will change or something.

sexuality is fluid they say but i just don't want them to get mixed up again. it does take time to figure it out i know , so far a year but i am hoping if i ever do come out , that i just wont be confused again ....i hate being confused. its like you question every feeling you get , wonder what each feeling means or if its real... that's what it was like for me at one point

but i just wanted to make sure , i wasn't the only one who had this worry.
    im not scared of being straight , im worried i'll have to go through the whole questioning process again whenever i come out

2. ecd123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going through that right now. I have a girlfriend for over a year, finally decided to tell my parents, did so very poorly, they told me I was just confused, and now I am confused and I feel like its making our relationship crash. I am very worried because I can't stand to lose her but I am not sure if I should be with her.

I posted a thread just now in relation to this topic.

3. MerBear

i'd stay with your girlfriend personally. i am confused as well because of a lot of reasons....but if you've been with her for a year and are happy , forget what your parents say

4. i think a lot of people have worried that when they came out that they might not be what they came out as, i think its part of the accepting yourself process.

5. MerBear

i never thought of it that way. thanks :slight_smile:

6. afakasi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    True.

7. Vesper

I totally understand where you're coming from with regards to feelings of confusion and uncertainty, because I'm still having doubts even after having told my closest friends that I was gay. It's not unusual at all to worry that you were initially wrong about where you actually fall on the gender and sexual orientation spectrums, because these things undoubtedly are significant enough in your life that it's totally understandable that you would want to be sure about them.

That said, I'm of the opinion that no one is ever 100% sure; some people probably consider themselves gay or bi even while having lingering doubts, and they're fine with it. One day, you should decide either to accept that you'll never be absolutely sure and pick the labels that are closest to describing you and move on, or go with the flow without feeling the need to label yourself.

#7 Vesper, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  8. MerBear

see im still trying to figure out my feelings for girls...and guys ...like i haven't had a crush on a guy for a year and half and im wondering when i'll have another crush on a guy or if i will ever get one again.

9. MerBear

thank to everyone who answered....this is going to bump up , so sorry if you see this again :/