1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The story of last year guy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fiorino, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Fiorino

This isn't really as much of an asking for advice thing, it's more of a story.
    It's really special to me, so I thought I'd share it with you. ...It all started when
    I moved here (from America). A few months after being at my middle school,
    I noticed this guy. He was gorgeous in every way possible, something about
    him just made my heart skip a beat. ...I was kind of lost at this period in my
    life because I didn't have any friends (I didn't speak the language when I
    arrived either) and I had a bit of a depression too. I got this kind of "high"
    from looking at him. I couldn't explain it- but for some reason or another
    I decided to follow him. I followed him to his bus stop. It continued every
    day, until the end of the year when he left and went to high school. The
    next year I didn't see him too much except for a few times at this one
    restaurant that I frequented often. At the end of that year, I myself
    graduated and went on to highschool. By pure chance, I switched
    high-schools in July before the school year started because I wanted to
    go to the public school instead of the private one which had a bit of a
    bad reputation. When I arrived at my new school, during a break, one
    day I noticed him in the front hall. Looking awesome, he lounged against
    the wall, and was usually surrounded by a bunch of girls of popular people.
    Well, as I still couldn't get enough of him, I would always walk by just to get
    a glance of him, and soon enough we had a staring contest going on. Around
    december, one day we happened to have very-similar shirts on. It was just a
    coincidence, but soon after, he started dressing like me. By the end of the year,
    he practically Xeroxed my wardrobe, he'd wear whatever I wore the day before.
    I was by then more than completely obsessed, I was in love. I thought about him
    all summer, and was dissapointed to not see him again at the beginning of the next
    school year. I still thought about him every now and then, and when I did it was intense. It usually came from a song that reminded me of him, or a place or even a piece of clothing. I knew I was more than obsessed, because I wondered where he had gone, why he'd gone, if he'd felt the same way as me, if he needed me, etc... The last few weeks of last year I tried to come up with the courage to talk to him but I couldn't, so I'll probably never talk to him. I just saw him for the first time since last year today,
    so I've got this high. As usualy, the high goes away and I get depressed cause I'll never be able to talk to him. This year I've "gone for it" a lot more because of my regret for not having done it, and it's made my life a lot better. It's too bad we never got to talk.

2. step49x

Nice story. If you don't mind me asking, where did you see him, today? Did he switch schools, or have you just not been running into him at your school?

The whole mirroring-your-wardrobe -thing makes me wonder a bit. Did you ever try talking to him?

3. Fiorino

He was sitting at a café with friends, and yes, for one reason or another
    he switched schools. And I tried at the end of the year, and as soon as I
    was within a meter of him I was like "ok-this is close enough, I can't
    deal with anything closer". He's gone now though, at least from my life,
    and he's probably not coming back. If he wants to find me though, he can
    come find me.

4. kevinx519

the classic tale of the love that got away. its a good story, though, fiorino. hopefully itll give me the courage to talk to this guy im totally falling for, or at least talk to him more.

5. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is indeed unfortunate that you did not take the opportunity to talk to him. Oh well, something tells me that this is not the last you will see of this beautiful stranger.

6. Fiorino

Ugh- I just ran into him because I was taking a walk. I slightly hoped to see him,
    but I've overall decided I don't want to see him again, when you take away all the
    attachment I have, he's just some rich jerkface(I mentioned he's very very well dressed), who would probably take advantage of the situation to make fun of me if I had told him how I felt. So, a few days ago I decided it would be best to get over it, and not let him consume my thoughts since he's not worth it. ...I wanted to walk by him to make myself feel better I guess, but as usual that wasn't the response I got. It was more like I lost momentum visibly in my step because I slowed down, because of the way he made me feel. I just felt like I wasn't good enough or something. I kept the slowing to a minimum, but I knew that he saw it and that he got satisfaction from it. I think I've made some progress, but it's still annoying. I glanced over in his direction, there's a possibility that I didn't make up the whole "thing that we had", but If that's the case, I'm sure his curiosity will lead him my way. I'm trying not to care, but it's not as easy. He totally damaged my self confidence just with his presence. I used to do that to him too I think, a long time ago, but he's gotten better at it. I guess I'll have to improve on mine. I'll stop rambling now...
    :tantrum: