1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is the best time to come out once you have accepted it yourself?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Redhead2150, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Redhead2150

I have finally quit the denying to myself and have accepted that I am only attracted to women but my family isn't the most open minded do you guys think its better to let them know and get it over with or is there a certain time or place in time that it should be done.. one thing I am tired of is my mother asking "why don't you give this guy a chance?" "or this one or that one?" How are you supposed to tell her " I have no interest with being with a male period." I guess I just kept being in denial because I didn't want to face this part of telling my family especially my grandparents for those of you who are out how do you suggest I do this?

2. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I depends on if you are financially dependent on your parents. If so and you think they will take it badly, then it would be better to wait until you are financially independent. It's best to start by coming out to friends and then eventually coming out to your family.

If you think you are ready to come out to your parents the best thing to do would just be to respond to your mother's questions. Next time she asks you about a boy. Say: "actually I like girls." or something like that.

3. worriedWardrobe

Honestly, there is no better answer to that than "When you think it's time"