1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting with bestfriend/lover

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Draco, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm fighting with my best friend. We have a very odd dynamic to our friendship. We hooked up a few times of the course of the past two years but ended up putting that all behind us since he swears he's straight. Reguadless of that our friend ship is a give and take. I give and he takes and that's pretty much the extent of it. It makes me frustrated because I feel as if I'm the only who puts in the effort for our friendship. I'm the only one who goes out of his way to do things for him and take care of him. All I want is for him to want to want to put in the effort if that makes sense. I'm tired of being the one who has to do all the work. Him and I got into an argument and haven't spoken to eachother in a week or so. We see eachother everyday at work but refuse to talk to eachother. He doesn't realize it but I'm waiting for him to make the effort to come talk to me. I'm waiting for him to make the effort to fix us! If he can't even do that, then I'm completely willing to put him in the past. Like I said I'm tired of doing all the work for a selfish individual.

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would do the same thing. If the friendship is worth it to him, then he will end up saying something and try to resolve it.

3. ForceAndVerve

I hope he does realise that he needs you/wants to remain close to you and that it actually spurs him into action. You only miss something when its gone. But good for you for giving your relationship an ultimatum. Sometimes it's just not worth it.

Let us now if he does actually get back to you!

4. shovelman

Sorry to hear about your friend Draco, have you talked to him about why you do the things you do? because he might not realize it (some people are just clueless) and if you really care about this guy then perhaps you should let him know because you don't want him or you regret later after the friendship is over that there was a chance to fix things but it wasn't simply because one is stubborn. Good friendships are worth fighting for but you have to let the other person know that you are also getting tired of fighting for a one sided cause.