1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im so sick of this.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lexi, Jan 13, 2013.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

I dont get it. I do everything that i can to be there for everyone. When someone did somthing good, i congratulate them and show them im happy for them. when someone is having relationship problems i give them the best advice that i can. when someone is having a bad day i do everything i can to cheer them up. when someone is in a bad spot i tell them that im there for them, and i offer them anything i have. and most importantly, when someone needs someone to talk to, i always offer to listen. And when someone tells me a secret, i keep it.

And what do i hear, when someone complains to me? "i dont have anyone i can trust" "i cant talk to anyone about my problems" "im so alone" "i dont trust anyone at this school!"

I dont know why i try so hard to be there for people, when they just take advantage, or dont even notice.

what happens:
    Them: "Oh i dont have anyone i can trust, The only person i trust 100% stopped being my friend"
    me: "oh, well im sorry you feel like you cant trust anyone else. Why did that person stop talking to you?"

what should happen:
    Them: "Oh i don't have anyone i can trust, The only person i trust 100% stopped being my friend"
    Me: "Oh, of course not, 'cause you YOU TRUST THE WRONG ****ING PEOPLE!"

sorry, i guess im just feeling under appreciated. -.-

2. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Understandable, and absolutely relatable.
    I've gone through the same thing. And I know, at times, it's a disheartening thing. There's this sting to it.
    Thing is, I usually take it as the fact I'm just a decent guy. I don't do the things I do for thanks, or for the appreciation. I do them because it's the right thing. It's not a rewarding task between people, but it should be rewarding on a personal level.
    And you never know when you'll get that recognition, that "Thank you."
    Keep doing what you're doing. It may be a slow process, but I'm a firm believer that kindness begets kindness.

3. Colours

Hmm, I know how that could make you feel. But keep in mind that sometimes when they say such things, they aren't talking about you. They're already opening up to you about not having anyone to trust anyway, meaning they probably trust you in a way (which may sound contradictory, but still).

And the fact that you're not bursting out in rage right in front of them is nothing but a good thing. =)

Maybe you could just talk to them about it? Like when they say something like that, maybe you could get back to them later, and be like 'Hey I know you said you don't trust anyone, but do you mean you don't trust me either?' If you talk about it in a calm way, it will often only leave room for a better result.

Hope this helps!

4. Rainbow Music

I can totally relate to that. I am a friend to all, and I love to listen, and give advice, or try to help out people whenever possible. Sometimes people are ungrateful, other times people are. I think that it just depends on the person.

5. prism

You're a good friend doing a thankless job.
    Be more assertive! When your friends say things like "I don't have anyone I can trust" just ask, "What about me?"