1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

school work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 13, 2013.

1. MerBear

i hate this fucking geometry project my teacher has us doing. it's good because it helps me understand but god, there is so much to do. we did 8 units total this semester and actually i had to do the same project last year for algebra 2 but i have to do 15 questions for each unit , i have to do 12-15 vocab cards and put them on index cards for each unit (picture and definition) and i have to copy down the class work on another sheet of paper then i have to put the answers from the 15 questions on another sheet of paper then finally turn it in. i have my geometry exam tomorrow and then 2nd semester comes and i swear it's going to kick my ass because i have English 3 , chemistry and Spanish 2 and in English i have to do my senior exit paper...if you don't know what it is , its basically a a 8 page research paper (double spaced). im going to fail chemistry because i can't do algebra 1 for my life and spanish 2 , i forgot everything in Spanish 1 but i'll breeze through that but when im a senior i won't have a 3rd block or 4th maybe barely have any classes except English 4 and pre cal and i know this is nothing compared to college but right now im exhausted , is anyone else exhausted from school work?

2. SunSparks

:frowning2: Sorry for all the work. I remember high school... none of it except maybe the last year and half was actually useful work. Before that, it was mostly meaningless stuff. However, remember that you can study by writing so do that project can help you with the exam tomorrow!

Worry about the present for now... thats what's important. And I'm sure you can do well next semester - it won't be easy, but you can do it - I really mean it. After my first 2 years in high school, I felt really unchallenged... so what do I do? Overchallenge... I overloaded on work >.< but the way I got through it was to deal with one problem at a time - one assignment, essay, project, etc at a time. By the time I got to my senior year, I got used it and I took even more AP classes and I had even more free time than the previous year. Just put your mind to it - deal with each individual task at a time, and you can get through it.

Next semester (im in college now), I'm taking a much more challenging workload than my first.... I'll have to see how that works out =\

Nevertheless, best of luck!

3. MerBear

why thank you. im so procrastinating right now but how can i not. EC is addicting

4. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

I've been sick since the weak of finals and still have to make some of them up since I'm in the hospital. School just sucks to do anytime but since I've been doing some of the work on medication I have to say I find it very amusing to write papers know!

5. MerBear

im sorry your in the hospital :frowning2:

6. SunSparks

Sorry :frowning2: But just think, once its all over and you've caught up again, you will feel so free and so relieved!

Also, I know what you mean with the procrastination. I am one of the worst culprits of it (Ie I start writing 5 page papers at about 2 AM when its due at 11 AM).... a little time pressure tends to be the cure - when you just HAVE to get it done, when there is just enough time to make a sort of effort to get it done. I find it best to just leave where I am and go to a place free from distractions - a public place so people can walk by and 'keep me in check.' I get soooooo much more work done that way.

7. MerBear

i can't leave my house and i wish i could

8. SunSparks

I know what you mean - don't worry, once you get to college, its much better! But instead of leaving... designate spaces in your room. Like in my room, I have my bed, my brother's bed, and a desk. If I'm not working, I will sit on my bed (which sorta goes against this concept in the first place) or the floor. If I am really working, I will sit at the desk.

The idea is, if you designate spaces, your brain will know what its expected to do. I read an article about it. So, if you can, avoid doing things on your bed. If your bed is only used for sleeping, you will get to sleep faster. Make different spaces for work and leisure. It really does work! Of course, this isn't something you can start today and see the effects of it tomorrow for your exam, but it definitely does help in the future!

9. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

I usually procrastinate as well but being stuck here has actually gotten a lot of work done. Thanks for caring but I'm doing much better now that I'm here & your right ill prouble feel great once it is all over.

10. MerBear

its funny , i was doing my project in bed just the other day and i'll look into that

11. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    my study habits in HS were atrocious. And so was my focus.

According to the professionals l am afflicted with ADHD but l will tell you that l've had a much easier time with college, actually. l think the HS curriculum is pretty awful for a lot of kids.

So l can relate to how l felt ack then. l know you hear about teenage hormones constantly but that REALLY can affect the way you focus and how much you can handle.

College might be easier for you. And l put it off a little. Some think it's unspeakable to do but even if l could go back, l think l would have delayed college until 21 or 22.

12. MerBear

yeah , i can't wait to turn 17 in april. i'll be so happy. i am so fed up with being 16.
    teenage hormones? yeah i guess your right , they can