1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anger Management.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Orion, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Orion

I'm normally a very calmed guy and avoid any kind of fight/arguement whatsoever, but today it seems people are on a role! I've gotten into several arguments today, blew off half of my friends, and I'm wanting to punch a handful of people, which made me punch my bedroom wall several times.
    Now my knuckles hurt, and I'm still very angry today...
    Why could that be?? Any tips or recommendations? I swear I won't get mad :confused:

2. biisme

I'm not the best person to give you advice, but I can give you advice that others have given me. You have the cliche scream into a pillow/punch a pillow thing. You can try and write down what is making you angry. You can also listen to music.

What I usually do it take a quick nap, then i feel better.

3. Jonathan

I suggest listening to music, that's what I do.

4. Urman

Urman Guest

agreed music really helps.There can be many factors example things that happen at home or stress this can be a major factor.

5. KatoKumi

Good ways to be happy:

Surround yourself in sunny colors. Like red and orange. It's a weird psych thing
    Eat citrus fruit.
    Settle down; get an ipod or music on with a nice upbeat sound. Or something that makes you happy.
    Exercise.

And as strange as it may seem, masturbate or have sex. If you can bring yourself to.

6. step49x

Hmm, I'd probably suggest masturbation, between the two. I don't think I'd want to have sex with an angry person...

Listening to music can be good. Just make sure it's the right kind to help you calm down. I've discovered that different types of music have different effects on me. You want something that will calm you down, not work you up. :wink:

7. Orion

Well I did most of the stuff you recommended :dry: Dirty peeps.

Anyway I'm much less angry now but I still am a little frustrated. Besides from that I now have to deal with the aftermaths, I've been a jerk with a lot of people.
    Better get the phonebook and start apologizing. :icon_bigg

Hakuna Matata, that's what I say.

(&&&) (!) (!)
    I almost forgot! Thanks a lot!

8. step49x

I know it was already mentioned, but I think it is definitely good to think about what made you angry in the first place. It's good to have ways to calm down, but it's even better if you can avoid getting angry in the first place.

It might also be helpful to have someone to vent to. If you don't have any other good options, EC can be good for that.