1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy about him and don't know what to do anymore.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PillsHere, Jan 13, 2013.

1. PillsHere

I can't stand it. I've felt so strongly about a guy for so long now, almost two years. We were never really together or anything, just close friends for a while with benefits and emotional ties messed things up. I absolutely do not know what I see in him. The feelings are just there. The chances of us being together are extremely low mainly due to the fact my better judgment won't let me since among other things he's a flirty type, wouldn't put cheating past him since he's borderline done it.

I successfully forgot about it and moved on with my life for a good while, the problem is he is unavoidable unless I move and abandon facebook. Even if I avoid him in person his name/link will post up in friend's statuses and tags every so often. I don't know what provoked me to essentially e-stalk him via FB again and end up adding me again.

Now lately I can't get him out of my head. I still avoid him in person but basically just log on FB to 'check up' on him. I feel like some over attached crazy obsessed person but doing so is the only thing that prevents me from breaking down and crying over it because I feel so horrible.

I don't know what to do anymore, I feel like I'm in love with him but that can't be? I don't know why I would be, and it's driving me nuts. I need advice, please, everytime I think about it I feel like bawling.

2. Ticklish Fish

that sounds like how I feel when I was crushing on someone.... but i'll spare you the details.

If you haven't delete him, then try putting him into acquaintance and just don't go there to read his notification. and also, get on facebook less. focus on something else. give yourself time...

it took me quite a while to get over someone who I barely know, so gotta give yourself time too while working on "getting over" methods

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be a tad blunt: do you see him anymore? I'm assuming not, since you check up on him via facebook. If that's true, you may not even know him all that well anymore - just your version of how you imagine he is. And that version of him is inevitably influenced by how you want him to be.

If seeing him on facebook is bothering you, unfriend him and block his profile. You can make sure he won't show up at all. If he comments on specific people's statuses a lot, and blocking doesn't take care of that, you might even go so far as to unsubscribe from them in your feed.

You know how following up on him is making you feel - so the next time you have a strong moment, make sure you won't be able to follow up on him anymore.

4. PillsHere

That's exactly what I did.
    But he still popped up often, and when I acted like I didn't care and just ignored it they kept coming up all over the place and eventually we were practically in the same conversation via status comments.
    That's when it went back down hill. It's annoying the crap out of me. I shouldn't even have to completely ignore him because I shouldn't feel this way because there is no reason for me to.

5. Ticklish Fish

are you trying to use logic on your feeling? that was me years ago hahaha.
    Just don't get on facebook for a while, or dont comment too much on facebook maybe? it sucks with mutual friends hahaha.

sorry if my advises aren't helpful

6. PillsHere

Trying but isn't working.
    I'd have to ignore all my mutual friends which is kinda undo-able since a lot of them are close friends.

7. shovelman

IDK man it sounds like you're giving something up without even trying it first. I mean you're not even giving this guy a shot to be in a relationship simply because for some aspects that he has. My advice is, if you really like this guy... give him a chance you might be surprised how much a person can do when they're in a relationship unless he doesn't want to be but then you will know that you tried and it will be easier to move on.

8. PillsHere

So I decided to just take the plunge and messaged him on Facebook, figured it'd be easier than a 1 on 1 confrontation. So far it's pretty much just been a back and forth and him giving me one-liners and short sentences, almost as if he's trying to be obnoxious and annoy me.

I figured re-realization that he's still a dick would make me feel better but it doesn't seem to be.

9. Ticklish Fish

but teens are known to one line and shorthand with twitter text like msgs...

10. PillsHere

Not teens. And considering we used to have full length conversations whenever we talked online/texted this is out of the ordinary.

11. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Hi, this sounds a lot like my situation. I kept stalking this guy using Facebook until he got a girlfriend which hurt but made me realise that reality had hit, giving me some closure. What I did was block him on Facebook so I don't know what he is up too. Whenever I think of him now I remember how much of a dick he was to me, which helps me feel better.

When you stalk him, you are reminding yourself of him which stops you from moving on. Have a look at my thread for some help if you want, the help I got on this thread really helped me.
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/79348-he-has-girlfriend-would-grateful-help.html

I know it sucks feeling this way about someone, but you have to distance yourself from him as much as possible and that includes blocking him on Facebook. If you feel guilty for blocking him, just remember that your doing this for yourself and by what you said he made little effort talking to you so you do have reasons.

All the best mate

12. PillsHere

Yeah, he's pretty much full on ignoring me now and I have no idea why. I tried asking him why and he never replied. I feel like I'd feel better if I just put it all out there and explain everything, how I felt about him, how I pretty much e-stalked him etc etc. Maybe then I could have some closure.
    I feel like I'd seem like some pathetic over-emotional twat if I did that though..