1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passively Coming Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by worriedWardrobe, Jan 14, 2013.

1. worriedWardrobe

So, I just spent the last three hours making myself a pride bracelet. I thought that, maybe, it would be better to come out passively; without calling attention to myself, or yelling out "I'm gay".

I was thinking I'd wear it to school tomorrow, but I'm incredi-nervous. Is this a good way to come out?

2. SomeNights

Um, that's not passive in my book. However, that is what I'm doing in college. Rather than scream that I like guys from the roof tops, I'm just casually slipping it into conversations and telling people that way :slight_smile:

3. Shiny Espeon

It may be a good thing, but I'd still approach the subject in person with the people that you care the most about, like maybe family or friends. I'm actually considering something similar to out myself to anyone I'm not out to yet, but I'd still want to approach my brother and sisters to tell them myself, and not just assume that they get the hint.

4. mothcaterpillar

Could just make people think that you support gay pride rather than actually being gay but it could easily be a conversation starter, people often want to know where bracelets are from.

5. curlycats