1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out confusion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Octopod, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Octopod

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright. I just created this EC account now because I finally came out, to two of my best friends. So, onto the story...

I just told two of my best friends I'm gay. They are the first people I've ever come out to, and I feel...bad? My stomach is in knots, and I feel relatively sick. My first friend, at first didn't beilive me. I told her because I wanted to tell someone, and I thought she would accept me. I needed to tell someone, and it felt right at the time. I brought her to a place were we've spent a lot of time together(we are neighbors essentially) and told her. She looked at me, and asked if I was kidding. I said no. She asked at least two more times, and each time I said no. After that, we talked for a minute, and we left. She acted very casual. I basically instantly regretted it as I walked home.

I told my next friend via text(great, I know) She called me, and asked if I was sure, and that if I needed to talk, she would always be there. That cheered me up, but I still felt sick. I explained what went down with my first friend, but I felt better about it. She told me to talk to her, and I did. I was told by both of them it was random, and that they were just in shock, but I feel like it was wrong. I don't know why I came out. I think it's because I wanted people to know, and that I want to be myself. But then again, I don't know. Can anyone help me? I guess my question is, why do I feel bad, and how do I snap out of it? And can someone explain why I feel like I shouldn't have come out. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks for reading. I need to get that off my chest.

2. Deaf Not Blind

Idk, sometimes you just need to come out and do it BLAH! And sometimes you feel like what did i just do did i just change my world how they see me?
    I think that is the knots.

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2013 at 01:57 PM ----------

oh, and funny thing is it is not always same with everybody. some are easy, some almost impossible. and in all it does get easier to come out.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be feeling bad because coming out makes you vulnerable and you are exposing a very important part of yourself and who you are. I would say your friends took it very well overall and I don't think you really have much to worry about. Congrats on getting the courage to do it as well. It takes a lot balls to admit something very personal like that.

4. SomeNights

^yes.

I had similar feelings when I came out to my first few, but once you start to realize that the world isn't coming to an end it gets a lot easier. Plus now that you have someone to talk to you will find it a lot easier to relax and be yourself, not the self that you put on to hide from everyone else!

5. Octopod

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you guys, for everything! You're all right. I just feel vulnerable, but with every breath, I feel more alive and free. Thank you so much!(&&&)