1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is going to sound stupid but....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 14, 2013.

1. MerBear

i'm trying to remember the crushes i had on girls because i'm trying to sort everything out and understand right?
    so i came across a picture of this camp i went to in 2010 and there i saw one of our counselors and i instantly remember having something for her but i'm not sure if its exactly a crush.

her name was Kim and i remember that she was the cutest little thing i ever laid eyes on , she was 18 and graduating high school and i was kind of shocked by it but i had only been there a week and whenever she was near i would get so nervous , it was the first time being in a camp so i was naturally nervous but she made me extra nervous , i remember always checking her out...and one time we were going to breakfast and i wanted her to sit near me and now that i think about it , i think maybe it was because i wanted to hold her hand since we did blessing at breakfast (how fun) but maybe i'm wrong , anyways whenever she left , i'd kind of want her by my side and i could never really speak to her because i was shy around her , i wasn't around the other girls.
    maybe i just looked up to her , i don't know

there was also this time when she was teaching this class (bead class) and i wanted to ask her for help , i didn't want ask the other counselor help , just her...i liked being around her. i would always get nervous/excited when i was about to see her.

now that i have said that , i have a side question....

i never realized my feelings on girls till last year , it took me until last year to realize that i did have crushes on girls. it's like the feelings i had for girls , totally slipped my mind and i didn't even realize it was a crush or anything now with guys , i remember the crushes i had on them but they weren't as intense as the one i had on girls.....and if they were , i don't remember

2. prism

Hindsight is 20/20. :slight_smile:

Someone start a thread called Queer childhood moments that you might want to look at.

I smiled when I was reading your story, because the same thing happened to me in high school. I was looking through an old photo album and came across a picture of my bunk mate from a camp I went to in 6th grade. She was two years older than me, and all I can remember is how badly I wanted to be her friend. She and I spent the bulk of our time together, and did things that I only now realize seems odd.

3. MerBear

thank you. do you think i had feelings for her or i just wanted to be her friend?

4. TKM

TKM

Same thing happened to me sort of but with my student teacher a couple years back, I think you probably did have feelings for her, especially since you wanted to hold her hand and be with her all the time, that sounds like a crush to me :slight_smile:

5. prism

Hahaha. I can't tell you how you felt. How do you feel about it now?

When I look at my picture now, I wish that I remembered her name or could figure out a way to contact her. In a way, I feel remnants of the same longing that I felt all those years ago.

6. MerBear

well after camp , i looked her up on Facebook and went through her pictures. that wasn't weird at all. i don't know , its been so long. she's still cute , i know that much

7. redstormrising

that happened to me after i came out, too. it seemed like every time i turned around, i would remember another girl from my past that i'd had a crush on, and somehow conveniently forgot. i always seemed to know not to mention them to anyone, even as a kid

8. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could have been just plain ol' admiration, but then again, it sounds like a crush. I remembered the crushes that I had during my younger years one day out of the blue. It was almost like I repressed the memory/feelings, but I'm not sure why. It wasn't like, I was uncomfortable liking girls. I think it was the dreadful thought of their would be negative reaction.

I used to think those girls picked up on my feelings, but I tried my hardest to not act clingy towards them. However, as I've gotten older, I understand my feelings a lot better. And hey, I'm in the same boat as you, I don't remember crushing on any guys growing up. But girls, oh yes! I think I was just afraid of them finding out, which lead me to live dishonestly for years. I've been out since I was 18, but I find myself looking at guys just to test myself and so far, I haven't had that feeling of "OMG, I wanna talk to him." :grin:

9. MerBear

hahaha , yeah.
    i mean it's the opposite , i didn't realize i had crushed on girls till last year. i had to really think about it.

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2013 at 06:38 PM ----------

SAME HERE! hahaha god , i waas waiting for someone to say that

10. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah, it was the same for me. I didn't remember those crushes until I was 17. So, right around the time I started questioning my sexuality. And that's when I started soul searching, I had to go back into my past to try to remember how I felt. It didn't take much that's for sure; I couldn't believe it, all the signs were there all along.

11. MerBear

i know right. and as redstormrising said , im so suprised i didn't say anything to anyone about them. its weird

12. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't say anything to anyone either. I finally realized when I was 13, in middle school that liking the same sex was deeply frowned upon. So I suppressed my feelings until I turned 17, I couldn't deny how I felt, so I owed it to myself to figure out my feelings.

13. MerBear

i didn't think anything of it actually , i wasn't even aware of my feeling until i finally looked back into them last year when i had that crush on Katie and what's weirder is that , i finally questioned my feelings as to why i was having them then i realized she wasn't the only girl i crushed on

14. MerBear

this is going to bump up it up , sorry if you see this again but i just wanted to say thank you for answering :slight_smile: