1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant plus some questions concerning coming out(very long)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zach12345, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Zach12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm gonna start from the beginning cause I feel that really sets the stage, but makes for a long story so I condense Tia's much as I can.

My sophomore year started with me having my wonderful friend as my girlfriend I was confused at the time but I pushed it aside as I had other things to focus on. Naturally we broke up for obvious reasons, I'm gay. But it wasn't till after that failure of a relationship that I for the fist time seriously started to question my sexuality, before I just thought eh whatever I like some guys no biggie. The whole month of September was spent in a never ending circle of questions fear question acceptance denial ect. Then I stumbled across ec and it seriously helped me come to terms fully with my sexuality, and I thank all of you for that!
    On NCOD I came out to my best friend the friend I could truly trust with everything albeit she was always more concerned with her bf(she is never off him it's gross). After I told her my friend in art thought it was a great idea to ask someone their sexuality in the middle of class, luckily it was loud and only the others at my table heard my answer of yes and I have my full trust in both of them. Next is my father ohhh my father who I will refrain from calling many inappropriate names at the moment. During election time( he's a staunch republican and I'm quite the liberal like my mother) we had gotten into many arguments that ended with me swooping to his level and calling his views out dated and stupid. Ya grand and happy. Skip the rest of the year and begin this semester. During this whole time from coming out on NCOD my friend never really acted as if she cared that I was gay(which is good but not in the way she does it) she has continued over the past 3 moths to say the homophobic statements not only in just calling this gay other people fags but directly saying to my face fucking faggot. Every time I just laughed it off at the moment but really it made me feel like shit, my best friend thinks if me this way? Wtf? Fast forward to today or yesterday depending on your location, we have second hour together. Today as spent in the computer lab doing a web scavenger hunt(that thing is impossible). During which she decides t star going on about her being late to one practice last season. For the school team, she plays on two teams. So I'm put my two cents in as oh no you were late to one practice lets have a pity party for (name here)! She then proceeds to tell me I'm a lazy bum who doesn't play any sports and all that I do is sit around and watch tv all day. Which is partially true but I'm on my computer more. My friend is not the nicest person at all in fact I think she's the biggest bitch in the entire school but thinks every Other girl is a slut, whore, bitch ect. And I'm like no your not even popular bitch just cause you have DD at 15 doesn't make you hard! I the computer lab I try to be the better person and I get up walk to another computer and get to work there. While walking away hearing that I'm a pussy bitch apparently hmmm ok that's cool. So really I'm done with ever talking to her again other than telling her in the nicest way possible why I'm mad and what she needs to do if she actually wants to be my friend which I think is pretty damn fair. That part I really don't care on advice part just needed to vent.
    My dad andi this evening while the news was talking of the banning of plan parenthood in Texas got into quite the argument about whether or not its constitutional, I say it's protected under the ninth amendment and well he's just dumb and doesn't have logic to go with his brain. Also knowing I'm a democrat insults Obama repeatedly! Like I'm not there!!!!! Who do you think you are. I mean I don't if I can ever tell him I'm gay as 1 it will hurt him a lot, and I don't want to do that he's already still depressed about my mom and his separation (like 1.5 years ago) and adding to that the stress his work puts on him I think he would stop talking to me not having me over at his house every other week. I mean seriously I would feel idk even know just ugh I hate this coming out thing I wish it was just common knowledge that I'm gay I'm mean its pretty obvious if you ask me. Looool in the car the other day I was singing along quite loudly to born this way with my mom in the car I think she got the clue I'm in the LGBT spectrum. Also is a letter or email a good way to come out to someone like my mom I wanna do that cause I can't say it I tried I want to too but I can't say it when they don't know but when they do I'm just like well I am gay? Aren't I? When they ask if I like a cute guy.

Thanks for reading this forever long post talking aimlessly for no reason!!!!:smilewave

2. FemCasanova

Oh my, yes, I do think you definitely might need a new friend. No one should have to be told the things you were told to his/her face, it`s really nasty. Your friendship does NOT sound very healthy.

*Big hug* !