1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to certain people.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Get up and try, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Get up and try

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I just turned 18 in December and I've been sure of my sexuality for a while, however; I find that in highschool, there are just people that you'd just rather not know. I'm not embaressed per se but I'm not exactly proud either. Of course, some people know. A few (3) family members and some friends but for the most part I feel kinda alone. I'm probably gonna get off topic but I'm kind of an introvert at heart. I find myself not wanting to tell everyone about my sexuality because I feel the relationship I have with that person will change. Consequently, I'm not meeting anyone. At all. There's 3 or four out of closet guys at my school but they are kind of over the top. So, my solitary personality coupled with my being attracted to not so blatantly obvious gays makes it, well impossible to get any interraction. The prospects ar en't great at my school, mind you, but I'd like at least some experience and I've never been one for joining a group or going on an outing of sorts to meet new people. This brings me back to where we started. When will I know it's the right time to come out to everyone and not just certain people.

2. Given To Fly

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I got to the point where, instead of telling people specifically, I just stopped hiding it - coming out just became a non-event, like a throwaway comment when talking to someone. Maybe they'll pick up onit, maybe they won't.

3. Get up and try

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If a person asks me, I'll usually be honest but for some reason, I lie to others. Usually people who are younger than me. I hope I get to the point where it's a throwaway comment cause lying sucks.