1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Boy1998, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Boy1998

Boy1998 Guest

Well I've known I was gay since I was about 12 I'm 14 now and I've came out to my mom who accepted it and said she loved me, and a few friends.. I've recently met a boy and he's 16 but he is just perfect and is so sweet.. My mom knows about him but doesn't know we've messed around.. Don't judge.. But in my 8th grade year I knew high-school would be tough so I tried to make myself straight and dated a girl for 8 months, I broke up with her because she was rude and I needed to.. We both still go to the same school.. And I've also exchanged clothes with some boys from my school they were close friends but I want to come out at school I'm just scared of being hurt because of what I did.. Also if I came out I could maybe date that boy I met so I really want to.. What should I do? Thank you..

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to try dating him, then yes, come out. I actually encourage you to try dating him. If I had known early on, I would sorely regret missing out on that sort of thing.

Think of it this way: If you are openly gay and not afraid to say it, how can they make fun of you? If anybody starts getting weird and calling you "fag" or whatever, just say "I like guys, got a problem with it?" There's no way they can say yes without making themselves look bad.

Besides, high school isn't where it's hard to be gay. That would be middle school, at least in my opinion. The worst is behind you, so go for it. :slight_smile:

3. Boy1998

Boy1998 Guest

Thank you for replying I've talked to my mom about it and she told me she's scared for me, that ill be made fun of and put down then ill get depressed and not do well in school... But I've been called a fag and queer and they even started to say my last name meant gay.. But I am ok now it doesn't hurt as bad and that boy I met is popular kinda and he's strong.. So I think if we dated he would protect me. I'm just worried about that girl I dated since we had mutual friends and we were all a big group, we all distanced but I could see them all confronting me telling me how wrong I am but I was pushed into dating her so it wasn't my fault.. And um two of my close guy friends gave me their boxers... I'm very persuasive... But I'm worried they'll come back and be like what the fuck are you doing..

4. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

You should be fine. Just start dating him. Anybody asks then reply with "I'm gay. He's my boyfriend."

PS: I'm kind of jealous you met a guy. Only guy I've fooled around with was somewhat of a jerk and very deep in the closet that he never talked to me again.

5. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I say go for it. You seem to have people there to back you up and an older guy to help you out too. But you can't necesarilly rely on him completely. If you were to date throughout high school he'd leave before you and you'd be without his back up, so you definitely would need to back yourself up by just saying 'I'm gay.' without adding ' and he's my boyfriend.'

P.S. I know I don't have any close guy friends but...two of your guy friends gave you their boxers..? Why?

6. Boy1998

Boy1998 Guest

Thank you and he's really nice to me too :slight_smile: he knows what I like.. So we help each other fulfill each others hopes I guess... But I want him to ask me out.. Because I'm 110% sure I want to date him but I think he isn't over a boy he fell for yet.. He's getting there but not yet.. Well true I can't rely on him too much but I also have a cousin who next year will come to my school and shell find out I'm worried it could hurt my family knowing I'm gay... I feel like it wouldn't hurt them too much my aunt is lesbian and everyone loves her she's very nice.. And yes they did.. I'm persuasive and I guess I know how to use my words.. It was a long time ago in like 7th grade but still