1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mom called me a boy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Deaf Not Blind, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Deaf Not Blind

mom got home from dialysis, and i was on sofa still kinda sick.

she felt sad for me and said, "Poor girl!"

i said, "GIRL?"

she said, "Ok, Boy."

I smiled.

She asked, " You mean you WANT to be called Boy?"

I replied, "Yes, sure why not?"

She shrugs.

I said smiling, "Thanks!"

Seems like just talking about stuff with her is working, and she is starting to get from my constant comments like "GIRL?" and "DAUGHT-TER?" that I am not liking female words used about me...and that I actually LIKE male ones.

This was 1st time to hear somebody I know say boy, and it was my own mom...and it sounded...NORMAL. Really, girl and other stuff sounds a bit odd, and strangely boy sounded natural. How queer is that?

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AAAAAW that is SUPER! :slight_smile: I'm so happy for you! :kiss: (*hug*)

3. crypticrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    im glad your mom is ok with it. congrats, hope the world treats you the same way your mom does

4. Ticklish Fish

grats! also wish your mom's kidney healthy recovery!

5. FranklinK

That is awesome!

6. Deaf Not Blind

thank you.

unfortunately, doc said both are shut down. it keeps her alive. without it, she would be dead in a week, serious stuff. with it, she could live decades. sadly, it is several hours 3 times a week, for life.

mom is always grateful for any prayers for a miracle cure though! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2013 at 10:38 PM ----------

thank you, and i also hope it can treat you as kindly. washingtonians united!

7. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Yaaaay!! What a cool mum you have! :grin:

8. mothcaterpillar

Yay progress
    At this point I get defensive "im not a girl!" n then silent cos I dont know what.to say and.dont want to tell them in a defensive response which is the same as when people use Kate instead of Katy

Sorry about your mum's kidneys (&&&)

9. Deaf Not Blind

She is not perfect, she is just a Christian.

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2013 at 06:15 AM ----------

Yeah, I know what u mean. I feel tense, my shoulders. I cringe! "GIRL" Ikes!
    So, I just began saying to her, every time she does a pronoun or "daughter", the same one word in that phrase I did not like, right away before sentence is done, with a question sound. "Daught-TER?" and this face> :dry:
    Then let her continue her rambling, and may shake head or roll eyes.
    No complaining, no yelling, no anger, just letting her know it irritates me and does not please me.
    See, if the intent is to please me by her being caring and saying "poor GIRL", then she sees her intent was cast aside because she instead has displeased me with gendering me a girl.
    I have not said I am transgender or getting a dick, just that i feel male, and have had gender issues all my life. She sees I look male now and have had mail come to David. She knows enough to have no excuse.
    So, I give her credit for not being mad, or hurt, or freaking out, or using Bible verses at me to "correct" me...none of the things many Christian moms have done to others who are on EC. My way of giving her credit is to be smiling, calm, and firm.

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2013 at 06:19 AM ----------

as for her kidneys, she would love them cured, there is none according to the docs, but she is thankful for the machines, and does not want me to donate to her. she also currently is disqualified for donation for 2 reasons, one is weight which she is trying to lose, other mental health. She is happy to have more time on earth from the wonderful but painful invention of the dialysis machines, which there are not enough of for all who need it, and there is some risk of getting a blood disease from another user. She considers this a miracle as a few decades ago she would have been dead by now.

#9 Deaf Not Blind, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  10. mothcaterpillar

I should get on.the.donor list but they proberbly wouldnt accept my organs cos of my low weight n everything I need to do something that isnt selfish at some point in my life
    I dont know anything about transplant lists ect except how its shown on the tv program house (i love Hugh.laurie's blue eyes)

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2013 at 02:44 PM ----------

I should get on.the.donor list but they proberbly wouldnt accept my organs cos of my low weight n everything I need to do something that isnt selfish at some point in my life
    I dont know anything about transplant lists ect except how its shown on the tv program house (i love Hugh.laurie's blue eyes)
    Good job we have scientists and.doctors who create the technology to help us

11. Deaf Not Blind

okay, how about HAIR donation! Locks of love needs unbleached hair from any age men or women, not over 50% grey.
    they need 10 or more inches when pulled straight, and black people may also not know but theirs is very much needed too.
    there are specific instructions to follow, but permed or dyed or straightened is fine, just must be clean and dry.

hair is given to kids who don't have hair, one kind is cancer fighters.

12. AlexisAnne

Congrats! That's awesome progress. Your mom sounds great and my thoughts are with her.

13. Deaf Not Blind

Thanks! All thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

14. mothcaterpillar

I would have to be shaved bold I think the top of my hair to the end would only just make 10 inch
    Do they let you.donate your.eggs when.you have a hysterectomy? I could definitely do that one.day

15. Deaf Not Blind

I know i read something about sperm banks not accepting gay sperm cuz straight women feared gay was genetic. :confused:

But I bet if you do some web surfing using key words like egg donor, you may find you are very wanted indeed. (Just don't tell them your reason for donating)

16. mothcaterpillar

Well someone might as well use them since Im just throwing them away
    A teacher said the other day that youll.want children when.your older cos things change (it wasnt specific to me there were like 3 girls and 2 boys in the conversation as.well)
    But Ive never been the slightest bit maternal I played with.baby.dolls but got bored of it really easily n dont find anything about babies remotely appealing except baby shoes (they are so cute)

17. Kay

Kay Guest

I am so happy for you big guy, you brought tears to my eyes. :tears: How fantastic your mom is. This is wonderful news. :eusa_clap

18. Deaf Not Blind

Aww! thanks! My mom is way older, about 76? So if you know her generation, it isn't likely she would be so willing to try to just accept me without any argument against it. I would say she just has to get all the info from me and process what it means to get full acceptance now, just like i did.

19. Kay

Kay Guest

I know her generation well. There is little acceptance from most of that age. So getting acceptance from her is a sterling moment. She loves you very much big guy. For her to swallow all of her inner feelings to call you a boy took a lot and it screams of loving her son very much. Perhaps more than any of us could ever understand. This is a proud moment for all of us. rah rah rah (!)

20. Deaf Not Blind

mom came home and said there is my girl! uh...boy! my son.
    yeah, new first...My mom has called me her son! and i never asked her to!

:grin:

I always been so irritated at her calling me daughter all my life...she said son and it was so normal to me! akward to her, but she saw me smile. i am HAPPYYYY!