1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guys attracted to a straight girl! Explanation?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by intergalactica, Jan 16, 2013.

1. intergalactica

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all,

I'm a female, mid 20's, chiseled Angelina Jolie type face, but flat chested, and petite athletic body.

Lately I've been hanging out with a lot of gay guys, and been having an absolute blast with them. However, I noticed that oftentimes when I'm out at gay bars/clubs, some of my gay buddies try to 'claim' me, sometimes to the point where they'd get jealous if another guy dances with me or talks to me for too long. When we dance it gets pretty sexual, and I've even gotten comments like, 'You're the hottest girl here' etc.

My friends, especially one of them, is VERY touchy-feely. We always hold hands when we're out, and he's even kissed me before. I totally get vibes from him. Mind you, this guy IS VERY gay. But the attraction we have for one another is pretty obvious, and I'm wondering what's going on because I'm pretty confused! I even saw he had a boner at one point from dancing with me.

Some more details: I have always had inclinations towards androgeny, gay, or transgendered men with very little interest in women. When I was young I looked very tomboyish and would do guy stuff. I sometimes feel like a gay man trapped in a woman's body!

Help!? :bang:

2. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, it sounds like they're protective of you. ^_^' I wouldn't worry too much, but i'm thinking that some women behave similarly with their female friends. You would know if he was really into you or just very carefree and open, lol~

#2 Shadowsettler, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a gay friend who gets flirty with my when he's drunk (I'm a girl). Idk why lol but in reality he doesn't feel more for me than friendship.

4. Kay

Kay Guest

I have gay friends and we are very close. I think the friendship between LGBTQ people runs deeper and involves being more loving and protective. I know from my side no sexual feelings a brewing. I believe they are the same. Hugs

5. Deaf Not Blind

^ this. oh man, they pinch their gal friends' behinds in public! weird was me getting kissed. i will never say nothing to him cuz he was drunk and hope he can't remmy what he did.

if the guy is kinda confused, and confusing you...youcan tell him what bothers you, or he could be a bisexual who was told to choose sides so...maybe he's 80% gay...

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    They aren't into you lol.

IDK, not sure why but it's a common thing IME. l never felt like it was attraction, it's more like when you have girlfriends who do the same thing. Girls always talk about how pretty their friends are and get feely with them(IME).

lt's not impossible that one could be bi, but it's more likely he was just doing the drunk KISSY KISSY thing and also maybe had a random boner lol.

7. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happens all the time, lol. ^_^

8. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    lol. l was kind of wondering if it did when l said it but l mean...l know as a woman l've had sexual thoughts and been turned on around people l am NOT attracted to(i.e.family, even) Can't imagine just popping a boner at those times ><