1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor relationships with men

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bluebonnet, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Bluebonnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Im a 34 yr old female always identified as straight. I have had really bad dealings with men they have treated me so nad in the past but now that im in my thirties and I havent had the best track record I am starting to question my own sexuality. I dont hate gay people but I dont agree with their lifestyle . I am so confused dont know what to do anymore anymore .i dont want to give up on men

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Insinuating we want to have this lifestyle? What don't you agree with? I don't understand where all this hate comes from. What people need to do is open their eyes and see that gay relationships are about love and lust, the same as heterosexual relationships. There is no hate involved yet somehow it invokes that exact thing. What gay people do doesn't have any affect on you at all, it is neither right nor wrong; it is a state of being. /rant over

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about your situation. You can't turn gay from bad relationships. It just sounds to me like you're not particularly interested in a relationship at the moment due to bad dealings in the past. When you're ready to trust again you'll see an interest in men.

All the best.

3. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not made to be gay out of desperation, if you're choosing to be 'gay'. That's a bit offensive to make a claim that we're '' living a lifestyle '', but you're probably completely straight anyway. You're not choosing to be a straight woman, and I don't believe that I'm making a choice to love men (not just dicks, mind you). I love everything about guys, but whatever.... not the point!

*Only thing I can think to say would be that you never give up, and don't let people walk on you. If a man treats you like crap, tell them to hit the road. If you're being abused, call a hotline. I don't know how to help you other than that, and I really feel a bit disposed to just walk away from this... The post was pretty vague, too.

#3 Shadowsettler, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  4. Bluebonnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I appreciate the advice and im sorry if offended anyone thay wadnt my intention I have a half brother who is gay

5. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just a little irritating when people call it a "choice" or a "lifestyle", it's f**! not! I mean for crying out loud, do you choose to be straight??

#5 Shadowsettler, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  6. Bluebonnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    no people dont really choose it is something you are born with

7. curlycats

hello and welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

is it just your failed relationships that has lead to you questioning your sexuality, or is there more to it than that? it's really hard to comment on your situation with only the very limited information you have given.

either way, perhaps self esteem is the issue here. if you feel like you don't deserve to be treated well then you will more than likely end up settling for less than you should when it comes to partners and such a partner isn't going to value you anymore than you do yourself.

just a thought.

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whoa whoa whoa! That was off to a rough start! :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear you've had bad luck with your relationships! I know that just the other day I was thinking "it's so hard to find a nice girl... maybe I should 'go straight' ha..."

Anyways, I think it's natural to wonder if things would be easier on the other team so to speak, but to me it sounds like you are straight as an arrow! What has caused you to question your sexuality if you don't mind me asking? :confused2: