1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of confidence

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jacek, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Jacek

Hello!

So basically I've always had really low self esteem, low self image, and no confidence in myself. I'm really trying hard to change that this year( I came out late last year so this is like my fresh start) but I'm having trobule. Every time I feel good something changes and I go back to feelin like shit. I really want to be able to interact with strangers and befriend them (I traveling Europe alone right now so I need to) and go on dates with guys but I'm so self conscious... I get nervous and don't act like myself:frowning2:

How can i improve my image of myself and just be confident in myself?

Thank you:grin:

2. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is.. a state of mind. If it helps you, observe how other people interact. That is with social awkwardness though, I'm not sure if it's the same wtih low self-esteem or not. x_x

I'm an Aspie, and i've picked up on a few things over the years to be "more normal".
    I'm still awkward, but I know how to fake it. ^_^'

3. falsereading

falsereading Guest

Being able to talk and interact with perfect strangers is one of those skills that I believe only a handful of people actually have. I would say it is more normal not to have them and you should not feel bad about it. I have massive self confidence issues aswell and know where you are coming from.

A bit of liquid encouragement in the form of a couple of drinks usually gets me going, not blind drunk but one or two certainly make things easier, thats what I have to do in clubs.

4. Jacek

Haha, yeah I've tried that but alcohol just doesn't affect me much:frowning2: