1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of Rejection

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lazyfire, Jan 16, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why hello everyone of this community! It is lazyfire again!
    Following up everything that has happened in the past year, my masculine crush has changed yet again. It was a Monday morning in English class and I was just minding my own business (after presenting my project to the class). One thing I can't shake off is: How god dang often he 'looks' at me. When I look back at him, we hold it for 2 seconds and I look away. He does too, but that looking away doesn't last at all. It happened so much in class that day, it didn't seem like a coincidence anymore (meaning I couldn't use the wall as an excuse as to what he was looking at xD).

Even in the hallways, I'm talking with one of my really good friends and she's willing to give advice whenever. She knows how much I like him and she felt so awkward talking to me on Tuesday. Why? Because he was across from us, talking to let's say: Lyra. My friend is Kylie. These are made up names ^^. He and Lyra (from my English class) were talking across from us, and Kylie and I were talking across from them. He would not stop staring and Kylie felt it the whole time. She even had to stand in front of me to block it out.

What is his deal? I know eye contact is a sign but I'm just really afraid of being rejected.

These mixed signals I explained in my previous threads don't quite add up ;^;.

He's never looked at me that much before. Not even the first week of this second semester. This all started this week! :frowning2:

Now, my friends are telling me to ask him out again. :help:
    I was thinking of asking him to coffee (My treat) but if I do that, wouldn't that just be a bit too awkward? We've never really met.....