1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An open letter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by J9ah, Jan 16, 2013.

1. J9ah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    To you,*

I remember the first time I saw you, we were 14, I was all angst in the back of the class, and you were mr affable, even then you were the epitome of assuredness, always asking too many questions, many stupid, not caring what anyone thought, I think the girls loved you even more for it! It was English, last class of the day our eyes locked, it was momentary, u smirked, I reciprocated, it would be another 2 weeks before we talked or rather before you ambushed me with your presence. I made my way to the bike racks, after barley speaking to anyone, tired and a little exasperated at being the new guy and * suddenly here was this boy with his big green eyes and puppy dog stare inundating me with tens of questions. You just wouldn't go away, and to make matter worse you had a bike too. Did I like*the school, was I new to town? What did I do in my spare time? Did I like sport, and the clincher the I've I sometimes bring up to this day , what's my favourite pie? I remember thinking this kids not right in the head! And good grief you wouldn't go away! *10 years later you are still here, more steadfast, reliable and grounding than almost anyone in my entire life! When dad died, you cried with me, when your first girlfriend cheated on you we sat on my bed watching Tarantino of all things. You were the first male to tell me you loved me and I believed you, I think you believed in me more than I believed in myself. It was funny how you thought I was so much smarter than you, despite the fact we both got into the same elite college, my dream *school, imagine that! I was so mad at you when you told me, you were just going because I was, I told you to follow your own fucking dreams, and I saw the sadness in your eyes, I had hurt you, it would be a full two weeks before we'd speak again, and what an excruciating two weeks it was. And when I turned 19, and became lost, when she enveloped me with her self destruction, you stood back, you warned me, but allowed me to come to the realisation myself, and when I had finally come through, you were there as always, this template of steadfastness. Time would pass, friends would come and go, girlfriends would run their gamut, but we would be always, unwavering, unflinching, resolved to see ourselves through life and the tumult of young adulthood. You are my kindred spirit, my *soulmate, and I love you more now than I ever did in my whole life! This had gone further than the talons of platonic love, no, no, when I look at you, it is not your gender that I see, but the depth of your spirit and the strength of your soul and I don't care if that makes be queer, bi or an alien from mars, because fundamentally and honestly I want you to prosper, be happy and succeed in life, and I don't mean to pressure you or complicate your life, just know I don't expect reciprocation but that I will always have your back, and be here when you need me most.