1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this -Straight- or called something else?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BubbleGumNinja, Jan 17, 2013.

1. I didn't know what a lot of things meant such as Pansexual until I joined EC. And well, I call myself Heterosexual, but I like Transgender Men and Men by birth. It just got me thinking. I wasn't aware there was a difference in Pansexual and Bisexual for a while... sorry if I sound ignorant. Would that make me somewhat Pansexual, something else, or still Straight?

Thanks for reading, and for answering (if you do) :slight_smile:

2. MerBear

for me , pansexual is when your gender blind , lik your sexually attracted to anyone including people who are transsexuals, transvestites, gender benders, hermaphrodites, intersexuals, androgynous people

bisexual is just male and female

3. Thank you for answering! But I'm still kind of confused... I'm not attracted to girls whatsoever, so I suppose I fit neither of those categories?

4. Alphabets

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My definition of it is when you only care about the personality of someone, but not their gender.

5. Eletricalmonkss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Possibly straight, but I really wouldn't worry too much about what to label yourself. You're only 13 presumably and despite what society and the community thinks you don't have to restrict yourself to a label. In the future if people don't understand that then well their loss because I'm sure you are a wonderful girl.

6. Thank you for all the answers :slight_smile:

7. Ianthe

If the common denominator is "maleness," in this case a male gender identity, I think it's reasonable to call yourself straight.

Of course, many people in similar circumstances just identify as queer, especially when they are gender nonconforming or transgender as well, as you are. So, you might consider that. Queer is an identity that can encompass both your sexuality and gender.

8. LouisKat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I would call you straight. I assume you consider transmen men first and foremost, right? So, you like men- you are straight, imo. :slight_smile:

9. Delta

I would date a transwoman, if she were my type and into me. I don't consider transwomen to be any different from ciswomen, because that's what they are. Women. And vice versa for transmen.

I think it is horribly disrespectful to consider people to be anything other than the gender they identify as. That's why I don't date people who identify as they, he, or zie. They can be perfectly kind and funny and great friends, and maybe their body could have features I'm attracted to. But I'm a lesbian, and to date them I would have to consider them to be the woman they aren't. And that is a totally dick move.

So, yeah. Point is, you like men. Period. And you're a girl. Period. And that makes you straight. :slight_smile: