1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by agonizingnose, Jan 19, 2013.

1. agonizingnose

ok so today my mums friend asked me if i had a girlfriend yet. to which i responded "no". Later i was talking with my mum and said "it was pretty awkward when J. asked if i had a girlfriend." then she said "you'll get one soon son" then when i reminded her im gay she said she refusses to belive that :dry: then she started saying that i am to never tell anyone. (too late(!)) and started going you cant be gay at 14 (i turn 14 this week). then i said if this is or is not a phase, may you simply understand that and atleast accept it. then she said it IS a phase very firmly. ended the conversation. then pretended nothing happend. what do i do. shes knowed for ages but she cant accept me for me :icon_sad:

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I haven't come out, but I know that that is how my mom would respond. She would be telling me how it is just an issue that will either fade away or I will realize that it's "all a lie". Since it doesn't really seem like you can convince her that it isn't just a phase, you will probably just need to wait it out. When you don't "change your mind" or "turn back straight" after what may take quite awhile, and maybe can prove to her your mature enough to not just be wanting attention, then she will finally (or still possibly never actually) accept it for what it is. This was kind of depressing advice, but I was honest and I hope everything works out <(*~*)>

Alles Gute! (Best Wishes!)

3. agonizingnose

thankyou. but with what she tells me. it. lets say, destaibleises my certanty

4. MDiiGii

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can relate to this, my mother was in a similar phase of denial when I first came out. You could try and explain to her that your feelings are not a phase and to accept you for who you are. As remain stated, time could also be what your mother needs to understand, I do hope everything works out for you! :slight_smile:

5. Stripe101

I recently found out why my mother hates homosexuals. It's because of the why gay men have sex that freaks her out! I tried, (without sounding gay) to explain to her that there's more to it than that. She doesn't get it. I won't dare come out to her until I can live on my own