1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

catholic and bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mikey34, Jan 19, 2013.

1. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im catholic. i am also a masc bisexual. I cant help who i am but i feel extremely guilty about it . I went to a catholic school for 4 yrs and took ccd classes after that . I believe that the catholic church opposes bis but id like to find out for sure because i want to be catholic wo feeling guilty. Im on the dl but in my mind i still feel guilty.I mean this is a religion who opposes divorce even if theres abuse im sure as a bisexual im not welcome there. New to this kind of thing so just trying to sort issues out so i feel i can be happy again.:confused:

2. Jim

Jim

Well catholocism is just one sect of christianity. You could still be a strong christian without being catholic? I personally find the catholic church corrupted and against equality anyway, but it's your choice. I just don't understand how you could want to follow a religion that's against condoms and divorce..

3. Incognito10

I am not a catholic, but I did a quick search and found this website.

gay Catholics | DignityUSA

There is a tab on the right where you can find a "local chapter." Maybe there is one in your area. It sounds like some support from like-minded people could help you.

Best of luck.

4. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont necessarilly want to be catholic its how i was raised. I agree with u jim, but doesnt christianity also agree with that. Part of me thinks that as long as im a decent person it doesnt matter what religion your with.

#4 mikey34, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013