1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blew up on the dinner table

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gleeko0, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess nobody will joke or tease me becaude of my orientation anymore.. if you saw my older post you know what I am talking about.

So I went all the way. Nobody stopped discussion about futile stuff so when I got the chance I brung up some useful subject and started non-stop ranting.

I kind of went talking about how our society is filled with machismo and how women are treated like emotionless sexual objects, and how most women themselves support this including my mother and cousin (in the table with me), then I kind of went non-stop.

When I said most men only get married to have a "free maid" and social status, and then go have sex with as many women as he wants outside home while nobody judges that, the silence was epic because my cousin's dad cheated on a 15 year marriage and although my aunt divorced people still pick on her more for being divorced than him for cheating.

Then my brother tried counter-argumenting me: "You are saying all that but you will/have never cheated your wife, right?" How chauvinist -.-

I simply yelled, "No I don't like women" I know this kind of makes no sense but it was so instinctive. Yet, it made a lot of sense on the moment because it left it clear; "I am not like you, I am completely different compared all this society and you"

Then stuff got a bit serious.. but I responded to the verbal attacking way I felt, and I was always in defense of lgbt rights, either way it seems everyone will treat me seriously on this matter from now on.

Now respect is another department, but I don't care about this one, if my family chooses to keep treating me without respect regarding this and discriminating me because "I am gay, therefore I have less rights and I'm always one step behind normal people", I will erase them out of my life as soon as I can, without a regret, and I'm always letting that very clear, I hope they also take this seriously. I have a good reason to study like freak, I hope they notice this

I'm sorry about this rambling.. I don't know if this is some for advice, I just needed to write this off somewhere, I don't have someone to talk to right now. thanks

2. Incognito10

Sounds like you have good insight and stand up for what you believe in, as long as you're respectful and remain calm.

3. Madeleine

Well, if you are stressed out, you can send me a message if you want. It seems as though you are stressed, and I think I would be too. I'm sorry.

4. TheSeeker

Damn son! You kicked some serious ass, way to stand up for what you believe in, message me anytime!

5. anko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow, I have some serious respect for you! But like others said, it does sound like you're a bit stressed; don't push yourself too hard. But overall that was amazing how you stood up for what you believed in. If you ever wanna rant send me a message and I'll give whatever advice I can.

6. mithrandir

Amazing, wish I had the guts to say that stuff every time my family/friends act like that. Even my own sisters are staunchly against feminism and it makes me sick :frowning2: good for you!

7. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, maybe they'll wake up now that you've given them what they needed to hear, in an intelligible way, I hope. o_o Not scaring them to death, lol.

8. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, I wrote this shortly after, I went to my room and my mind was going crazy so I wrote it off here, thanks for the understanding, it makes me feel better to share it because I usually don't have anyone understanding to talk about this in person.

I kind of went to the machismo subject on that because the talk was more or less that, still, I am always impressed how everyone in my family seems to have a poor interpretation of social issues (things I think everyone should be aware of) and lead conversations on these subjects in a superficial way. It kind of built up on me and I took the lead. Then it led to all the lgbt talk.

Of course it was stressing, I feel horrible to live surrounded by people with that difference of mind but whats worse is that I am constantly attacked because for them I have no "ground" to hold on, its comfortable to bully around when everyone is by your side -.- . In conversations such as these I have to be somewhat aggressive or I'll be eaten away by everyone, and thats stressful. To be honest, I'd care less about what they think if they stopped treating me like a socially and professionally handicapped person because of my orientation, and that because I don't even go around waving an LGBT flag.