1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I figured a lot out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by channel48, Jan 19, 2013.

1. channel48

I've been thinking a lot about this lately and I decided I'm not going to connect my sexuality to my gender. I have also decided I am both male and female. This has been on my mind for a long time and I finally realized who I was yesterday…in the middle of class. I also realized that the male part of me is bi and the female part of me is a lesbian. I know it won't make since to some people, probably a lot of people, but it makes since to me and that's all that matters. I just wanted to tell someone about my new self cause I feel good about myself now and I haven't for a long time but I gained a little bit of hope today in the words 'it gets better' and I'm happy.:icon_bigg

2. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's great! :slight_smile: Glad you realized that about yourself and that your feeling happy! It's a big relief when you can finally stop questioning these things, isn't it?

3. channel48

Yeah it is. Now I just have to come out but I'm not scared which is good. I might even tell my mom today if I can get the chance. :slight_smile:

4. Nepenthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Awesome! Good luck :slight_smile:

5. channel48

Thanks I didn't get the chance today but maybe tomorrow :slight_smile:

6. alex408

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good luck. And kudos to you for wanting to come out to someone. Coming out for LGBT persons IS a Rite of Passage and should be celebrated! For many LGBT people, this. doesn't mean much. But it does to me and hopefully for your family as well.

Good luck and best of wishes to you.

-Alex