1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I talk to my ex-best friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oblina, Jan 19, 2013.

1. oblina

So last summer I fell in love with my girlfriend while still dating my ex-boyfriend(who I was trying to date to get rid of my lesbian feelings, which obiously doesn't work). I hadn't had sex with my boyfriend in months, coming up with various excuses. It wore his side of the relationship thin but he was still in love with me.

Then I studied abroad in Japan for a month and while I was gone he went on a trip with two girls that were our best friends. My best friend of 8 years, whom he used to have a crush on, but was still platonic friends with. They got drunk and high and ended up having a short kiss. I found out when I got home from japan (weeks later) and she had sent me a book asking me to be in her bridal party, not her maid of honor, who was my other best friend who i had introduced to her, which was kind of a slap in the face to me. She had always told me she wanted me to wear red in her wedding(its my favorite and I have red everything) but she now wanted her new best friend(my other best friend) to wear it. She never admitted to kissing my boyfriend while I was gone. She texted me asking if I was mad and why I wasn't texting her back, and I continued to ignore her to this day, seven months later.

She posted this on her tumblr and I know its about me
    "You know the feeling…

When you have so much to say. But you get it out. It’s never right, always wrong.
    This is the loudest silence I’ve ever heard.
    I can’t take it.
    Why can’t you understand what I mean, why can’t I explain myself. Why has it come to this.
    … Why can she sing it in front of a thousand people. I can’t say to someone so important.
    This is so hard. I miss… So many things.
    I want to scream and get it out and everything be normal again."

I've been missing her, we were friends for so long and I have never had a friend like her. We have had bad time but our best were the best. Should I contact her? Try and fix it or if not, just for closure? I've been thinking about it so much.

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I think you should reach out to her. It's been long enough and I think you should also leave the past where it belongs. Especially if you want to start things off with a clean slate. There have been plenty of times when I've stopped speaking to my friend and after months of not talking, I realized how much I missed her. And now, things between us are better than ever! I think you should most definitely send her an email and invite her out to lunch :slight_smile: