1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shadowsettler, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the big secret to a good long-lasting relationship (or what has worked for me) is dating friends.

I've only had one friend that was bi, however, and now i'm left high and dry. All of my really close friends are straight.

Internet dating seems to come up very short for me as well... I'm pretty stressed out over all of this, because I don't have a form of transport, so it's internet dating or (not) friends...

What the heck am I supposed to do now??

:bang:

#1 Shadowsettler, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pittsburgh's pretty big. Do an online search for "gay Pittsburgh (activity)", filling in some activity you enjoy. Biking? Bowling? Hiking? Book Club? See what you come up with.

Lex

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm similar in that I tend to be friends first, then crush later, but one thing I advise avoiding is being friends for too long. It doesn't matter if the person is bi/gay too, if you firmly establish your relationship as friendship, it's often difficult to get out of that. The "Friend-Zone" is a real thing. It's not the same as "taking things slowly"; the thing you have to avoid is becoming too platonic. If you want to have an intimate relationship with that person, but you want to get know them first, you have to make sure that you keep sending them "signals" and subtle reminders that you have more than a purely platonic interest in them. That means subtly flirting regularly, and avoiding the "teddy-bear" image people form of their friends (non-sexual, you've got to present yourself as a sexual being, that means not being afraid to make acceptable sexual humor, doing things that hilight your looks, etc).