1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best way to get out and meet other lesbians im your town or community?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Redhead2150, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Redhead2150

Recently coming out to myself and accepting that I am attracted to women and want to start meeting women my age range and possibly start talking to them and such where can I meet some other women I know people would suggest clubs but clubbing has never been my thing. I work full time and am in college and I kind of feeling like im in that point in my life where I want to start dating a woman. My question is where can I meet possible lesbians in my community?

2. RainbowMan

Re: What is the best way to get out and meet other lesbians im your town or community

Check out meetup groups, other sites for LGBT groups in the area - you don't mention where you're at, but if there's a local LGBT center, they could probably help as well.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: What is the best way to get out and meet other lesbians im your town or community

I live next door to a lesbian bar. I have no idea if that'd be a great place to meet lesbians, but I'm guessing that's where I'd start if I wanted to, simply because of the proximity. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. kc1895

Have you tried some popular online dating sites? You may even meet new friends if dating doesn't work out. My female friend has met women from the internet,.

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Dating websites have worked for me, I've had much success even though I was nervous at first. Gay clubs are so much fun! I love to dance and I love the performances :slight_smile: I can't recommend which sites are the best, but if anything be careful.

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Like RainbowMan said, try going to a local LGBT group. I wish I could tell you an experience I had with that, but I live in Alabama, and the only meet-up group I've discovered in my area is for men. >_>
    So my only options are to go to clubs (but like you, clubbing isn't my thing) or online dating. I tried online dating a few years ago, and it was successful for the time being. But I'm trying to get some advice here before I try that again.