1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about your first love?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MysticalFantasy, Jan 21, 2013.

1. MysticalFantasy

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys, im a little down tonight so im hoping you can cheer me up.

Is there anyone out there who broke up with their first loves and then got married or got back together again years later? I read only stories of straight couples so im wanting to hear it on the other field.

also do you believe you are with your first love? Or have been? I certainly do.

I havent broken up with my girlfriend but we did have a massive argument.

2. mothcaterpillar

My first love was a boy from my.primary school.who left before the last year
    If I met him again id be so happy
    Forever alone :frowning2:
    Sorry that wont really cheer you up

3. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My first true love was my best friend growing up. I've known him since I was 3. I was about 12 when I realized that I loved him (even though I will never be able to tell him....maybe).

4. my ex of a year was my first love.
    we broke up and got back together once during that year but it didnt work out. i got dumped in the end for real. years later ex still wants to keep in contact but i just say no and ive blocked my ex from contacting me.

you can break up and get back together. it often doesnt work though. years later i still have feelings for my first love but i just cant have contact otherwise ill get sad, its weird.

5. Jim

Jim

I'm still in love with my first love. I expect I always will be, and she'll never know.

6. MerBear

my ex girlfriend online. it sounds stupid i know but she was first even though she was online

7. Lewis

My first few experiences with feeling what I thought was love, were with girls. Because I assumed my attraction to guys was just a phase (well, I thought all guys maybe had a little attraction towards other guys) I was just drawn towards girls.

I did genuinely love them and felt something there, but it wasn't attraction. I wasn't in love with them, I just loved the people that they were.

8. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same thing here. I am still in love with my first love. I wouldn't mind holding her tight in my arms, caressing her and sleeping by her side, but I would never do something sexual with her. Damn, she is something really good too... I miss her, even though we talk regularly. Too bad... But I have decided to move on. Boys, here I come!

9. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fell in love for the first time a few months ago, with a guy I had just met, and have since become great friends with. We met during one of my classes, and we just clicked. He's the first person I've ever met who shared so many of my interests, who had a similar personality, who I considered attractive and he was bisexual too. He's smart, cute, and makes me laugh, so I obviously fell head over heels for him ^_^. I went through a few months of not being sure whether he felt the same (we were clearly closer than normal guy friends would be, hugging and having personal talks, etc, but then on the other hand he didn't really make a huge effort to spend time with me. It was very confusing), when I finally wrote him a letter telling him, he unfortunately told me that although he cared about me, he thought of me as more of a friend. I'll always be grateful for how kind, warm, appreciative and understanding he was when he let me down; he told me how much my feelings meant to him, that he'd keep the letter forever, but that he just didn't feel the same way. Honestly, he couldn't have done a better job, which is why we're still the best of friends ^_^.

He was the first person I really loved, as well as the first boy I'd ever felt anything romantic for. I'd had crushes on girls before, but those crushes were really short-lived simply because my feelings never become anything more than a weak attraction, which is why I suspect I'm mostly gay when it comes to romantic preferences.

That may sound like a depressing story, and I can tell you, it sure was depressing at times during those 4 months. However, they were also some of the best times I've ever had, the first time I'd ever tasted what real love tasted like. I had no idea what it was like to truly, unconditionally love someone before that, so it was quite the experience. It also changed me greatly, for the better. Before meeting him, I was pretty set on just coasting through school and life, now, I feel driven to find that happiness, and not just love, but to improve myself :grin:. I know that if I work hard enough and look long enough, it's fairly likely some day I'll find someone who'll love me back, so I'm happier overall then I was before meeting him.

10. MysticalFantasy

Out Status:
    Some people

Thank you so much for such an awesome loving response! :thumbsup:

Mind me asking, are you by any chance a pisces? You sound like one, the romantic and all :slight_smile:

Im sorry you couldnt live out the love you had for him, but im so happy that you two are still bestfriends! Makes me so happy! I hope you guys remain strong forever, as friends or even maybe more in the future :wink:.

You never know though, you could be more than that in the future. My girlfriend and i started off as bestfriends for 4 years before we became lovers ( which by the way we rekindled because we couldnt stay mad at each other, she is just so cute) she was the one who had the crush on me, though i at first never would never consider falling for her, i did eventually and here we are today :slight_smile:

11. lighttheway

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My first love! I will probably never be completely over her.
    We were really young (15) and best friends. We were completely attached to each other Im actually surprised no one found out or picked up on it.
    We used to fight all the time, get very jealous of other friends (boys) that came into the picture and both very very confused about our sexuality.
    We kept this secret for about a year and everything was perfect.
    Until we were almost walked in on once and she completely freaked out.
    I than made the mistake of telling one of our friends and we started fighting and went weeks without talking.
    It completely destroyed me! I started getting with boys again especially in front of her.
    And she did the same. Then when kinda sorted our shit out and were on a talking basis and eventually hooking up again.
    annnnd then she got a boyfriend and I was a compete mess by then I was 16 and so sure she was my soulmate.
    a year later we call each other every now and then dont ever see her though since I moved city.
    I know in my heart she will never look at a boy like she did me which kinda helps.
    It has only been like a year but I cant see it ever working out in the long run.