1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustration [Relationship issue]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Mar 2, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

Okay, heres the deal:

I've been "dating" ths girl for about 3 months, and before we started "dating" we were rly rly close friends. But theres a catch.

We live 26 hours apart, in different provinces. At first it was no big deal, but more and more I've become frustrated with the distance, and all along ive known that I like her romantically, but i dont love her. Shes 17, and I'll be turning 19 in may. im her first girlfriend[shes bi, so shes never had a boyfriend either] and so as most first loves go...shes head over heels for me.

I've considered breaking it off with her more than once. I hate online relationships, i dont see it as real, i see it as almost imaginary.

The thing is, i really dont want to lose her as a friend, and i know if i try to break up with her [ive tried 'taking a break' from her a few weeks into the relationship as shes very clingy] and the result was being verbally attacked by her best friend to the point of basically making me crazy.

So what i wanna know: is it worth it to keep this "relationship" going, when she lives so far, to see if any love develops? I dont want to hurt her... and i just dont know what to do >.< btw sorry if this doesnt make much sense.

2. jroakwood

i dunno.
    i really dont see long distance relationships as real either.
    i think theyre kinda stupid actually, and i refuse to have one.
    (im sorry if i sound insensitive, but its true)
    so i would say, just break it off.

3. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While love and friendship can create some very strong bonds between two people, there are certain situations in which the strength of your self interest is going to have to impose itself on your situation. Given that the distance in this relationship is causing an undue amount of stress to your person, my advice is that you give strong consideration to breaking it off. If she is not going to be respectful enough of your need to be in a more tangible relationship, then she isn't going to be the ideal woman for you anyway simply because she has, and potentially would in the future, impose her needs on you and the relationship; a burden that is not yours to bear.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you are not "feeling it" after three months, you probably should break it off before you invest anymore time into a relationship that won't work out.