1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well she is kindof my cousin we are technically only related through marriage. Anyway last Wednesday she just texted me out of the blue. We started talking and we soon became good friends. Yesterday we got together and went and saw a movie, and next weekend I am going to be going over to her house.

What i am getting to is that now that we are friends i don't want to have to hide who i am and i really don't want to keep the fact that i am gay a secret from her. If she was just a friend i would have no problem telling her, but she also has connections to my family and I am not really sure if i want them to know just yet.

I really can't stand the idea of hiding somthing like this from a good friend especially now that i am mostly out, but still i am not sure if i am willing to take the risk of telling someone who could leak it to the entire family. Now that i think of it though i doubt she would do somthing like that, but it could definitly damage our friendship.

I wish i knew what to do :bang: :bang: :bang:

2. InaRut

Could you not just tell her then ask her not to tell your family?

3. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I could but i am worried about it destroying our new friendship and having her go behind my bakc and telling the family anyway. And i am just not sure whether i should tell her or not.

4. step49x

Well, do you know if she's supportive? You could try bringing up the topic, and see how she responds. If all goes well, you might then decide to tell her. Do you know how good she is with secrets?

5. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i really have no idea if she is supportive, but we only really talk via text message so i don't really know how i could possibly bring up the conversation. I can't really see her being mean or rejecting me. And i have no idea how good she is about keeping secrets.