1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lexi, Jan 21, 2013.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

I dont like being in the closet, but is it even worth it to come out?
    *Im not 100% sure im bi- its not like i've ever done anything with a girl before.
    *My friends might not invite me to sleepovers- even if i dont have feelings for them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    *I have a boyfriend
    *I'm still in highschool- i dont want to be bullied
    *will girls freak out when im in the locker room
    *I'll be in college pretty soon anyway...should i just wait?
    *My family probably wont take it too well
    *I might have to stop going to church :/ I dont know whether or not id be accepted there.

So are there any pros to coming out that could outweigh all these cons? I'm struggling to decide if i want anyone to know or not...

2. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

One question...Do you feel the need to come out now? There is no established timeline to come out. The feeling is amazing when you can just be yourself though. I know I feel so much better being out than hiding in that small tight confining closet.

But each person has the right to come out on their own time frame.

Just say'n (*hug*)

3. Ticklish Fish

how close are you to college?

because when college comes, some to lots of friendships just breaks anyways, and at most you could maintain a few...

4. lexi

lexi Guest

still in my dilemma... Im tired of feeling like i'm hiding in a closet, but i only have a little more than a year left...

that could mean two things:
    1) only one more year until i come out
    2) i only have one more year, i don't care what people think i'm just going to come out.

I'm nervous that i'll regret coming out... Life (other than this) has been so good lately, i dont want to screw that up...

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should come out when you're ready. I know that sounds cliche, but it's the truth. Since you have a boyfriend then I really don't think it's a good idea unless you'd like to date a girl. My friend and I have been having this debate for the longest time now. She's single at the moment, but she doesn't think it's necessary to tell anyone that she's bisexual unless she starts dating a girl. I kinda agree, but I came out as bisexual when I was 17/18, but realized at 19 that I was indeed gay. My kids father/ex knew that I identified as bisexual, but I was really in denial. It was hard being honest with him when I couldn't even be honest with myself. And now, he prefers women who only likes men, meh...guess I can't blame him. So, perhaps you should come out...sorry for the rambling :grin: