1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure on where to start on coming out of this crappy closet.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Robellious, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Robellious

I have to ask.. Where do you start? I know I have a very big group of supporters (colorguard team) that lies ahead of me but I have no ideas on where to start I even know my sisters would be cool with it. hell I'm even in a fucking GSA club and I'm not even out to them also. Its starting to dawn on me that either A) I don't know where to start, B)Too much of a :***: to start.

Any advice/thoughts? I could really used another person's view on this, Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The one person that you know would be the most accepting is generally the best start.

3. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I guess I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm irked mainly because in no way am I in a bad position. I go to a school filled with hippies, and when my friend came out at the beginning of the year, it was celebrated. Almost obsessed over. I kind of dug myself a hole towards the beginning of the year, when I dated a girl that I realized that I only want to be friends with. It hit me one day like a sack of bricks. I was pretty gay, if not on the outside, very much on the inside. I also was surprised to realize that I'm absolutely fine with it. I just shy away from the finality of telling someone I'm gay. There is just something there that requires a little more push than I have in me.

4. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Start with someone that you know will be supportive. This is usually a close friend. That way you have some support when you start coming out to people that might not be as accepting. After telling a few friends, then tell your GSA group. Parents are usually last.

5. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Gotta agree, try starting with someone who you know would be totally supportive. You could tell someone in your GSA group or tell a close friend, it is a lot easier to come out to other people when the people you've previously told were okay with it.