1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really scared about coming out to parents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vhrebels, Jan 21, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hi. So, I'm really worried about coming out to my parents because they would feel like they have failed at raising me. If I came out to them, they would be extremely upset, and I feel terrible when they are like that. I feel like it would be inconsiderate of me to tell them, and I really couldn't handle the pressure of even thinking about telling them that. Recently, in church, the preacher asked the congregation to pray for family members that have "drifted" from the church, and my mother prayed for her step brother, who is most likely gay. This really bothered me, because if I told her, she would most likely believe that I'm going to hell. I also couldn't handle the emotional stress of cutting off communication with them after college, and I would never be able to forgive myself. I'm getting depressed about even thinking about all of this. Should I even come out to them? What should I do?

2. SomeNights

Dude, your 16! breath first, you've got plenty of time!

I know the feeling, I am in the same boat. The way I look at it though, I am NOT going to hell and I shouldn't be a disappointment to my parents just because I like guys.

Be all that you can be, focus on school and whatever comes with being a teenager! If there is one thing I wish I could go back and change about the last 4 years, it would be how much I worried and put focus on this, instead of enjoying my time in High School!