1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting Someone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DMack, Jan 22, 2013.

1. DMack

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So I've been talking to this guy hes older and we met through a site and have been speaking on the phone and skyping sometimes. He lives in the same town so I think we may grab a drink tomorrow night (somewhere public) and talk about things and possibly see if it leads to something. He seems like a super nice guy. Anyone done this before? Had success? If you have seen my previous posts you'll know I'm quite new to this and been very curious.

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, and I've been very successful. I even tried karaoke after a few drinks :grin: Have fun, be safe and don't drink too much to break the ice.

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't done it myself, but I can imagine a few good things to keep in mind, mostly to just make sure that you're both on the same page. You seem to not be sure if things will get hot or not, you sound more interesting in just seeing how you feel then. Just make sure he feels the same/has no problem if nothing happens.

4. Ditz

It depends on how old you are and how much older he is... If you are 20 and he is 25, no problem, if you are 16 and he is 25, well then that would be a problem...

5. i have. you just be careful and if you dont like the situation then have an escape plan.

6. Kay

Kay Guest

Be careful and as flyinhernikes warned have an escape plan. It is important in the event it does not work out. Trust your feelings and do not drink to much. Hugs and best of luck sweetie

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Have fun and don't drink too much! Let someone know that you're meeting up with someone, or say a friend. Just so that if something happens, which I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's always nice to have an escape plan, if it doesn't go well.

8. DMack

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you all for the replies! Things went very well. Had dinner and a few drinks and really just talked for quite a while. Things happened and overall it was a really good experience.

9. jsmurf

Update? Got to know him better? :wink:

10. DMack

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    We had a good time and have kept in touch but haven't done anything physical since that night.

11. jsmurf

Heh. Learn from my experience and dont rush it. You may officially have a bf sooner or later. :slight_smile:

12. leer

it sounds like you are doing grate am at the dating stage at moment had 3 dates with a friends friend I will admit the physical aspect is crossing my mind .

13. KingdomKeyDK

:eusa_clap Lucky you! You found yourself a possible partner! I haven't found one yet, but it will happen soon. Have fun and play nice! :thumbsup:

14. Naomilly92

I've done it with a girl before, but not a guy. Worked out brilliantly, had a great relationship with her, you may want to bring a friend so you feel more comfortable, hope it works out for you