1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this may seem stupid but..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GuidingLight, Jan 22, 2013.

1. GuidingLight

I've never gotten a clear picture of how you show a girl your "into" her..flirting and the like. Guys are simple and honestly, and this is going to sound bad but "easily manipulated." I feel kind of in the dark about how to pursue a girl your interested in :icon_redf :help:

2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    :grin: idk. like with anyone l suppose. But for me, if you seemed like you paid special attention to the little things l do l might swoon.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2013 at 02:56 PM ----------

let me throw in that l'm probably easily manipulated like the men you have in mind.

lt's mostly because l have a big ego and if you say good things about me l'm inclined to believe them because l'm somewhat self-obsessed.

#2 OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. GuidingLight

Interesting, because I've been doing that with a friend recently. I'm sorta lost but trying. I meant easily manipulated as in if you give standard answers thats enough for them, you can fake being emotionally and/or physically attracted to them.

This girl has been a friend since middle school, and I've never realized that I thought of her this way in the past. I am very protective, and I care a lot about her. What intially got me to realize how I might feel was, I slept over her house and after we were up talking until 5 am that I was watching her sleep.

4. Dalmatian

Hah, don't know! What I would say is that women are easy and guys are the problem :grin: I guess it's just Murphy, maybe a law on sexuality: "If you find it easy to understand and flirt with people, they will always be of the gender opposite to the one you like". Or something like that. Guys are stupid and artificially detached from their emotions (no offense to anybody). Girls are easier to talk to. Alas, I don't want girls..

5. Naomilly92

Just show an interest in her, ask her to go out to the cinema or a restaurant, you can go as friends, but it's something more "datey" than going round each other's house, or hanging with your group of friends, compliment her a lot and just show her attention, that's the best way to attract a girl, show you're interest and want to get to know her

6. GuidingLight

I think thats a great idea. I have been doing the things you suggested. :slight_smile:

7. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mossstttt importantly l think you need to know whether or not she's into women at all. l mean she could even be straight and curious.

lf so, the flirting might work. But if she's just not then no amount of magic is going to work on her. l guess l'd really try to read into the way she's acting and if she does seem like she could be into experimenting, keep flirting.

Maybe step it up a little. Really gauge the tone, though. Depending on that l might even go so far as to say how sexy she looks in a certain outfit or something, once a primarily straight girl said this to me and we ended up hooking up xD

But again...seriously...do not say that to this girl if you cannot sense any sexual attraction, lol.

8. Rexmond

"Simple" and "easy to manipualte"!? :grin:

I guess some (straight) guys will do anything for a girl with big boobs and a nice bum. :lol:

Now that you mention it, I actually have no idea how I would "draw" a guy, especially an older guy. It could be completely different to younger gay guys, so yeah. Glad you did mention this lol, something that I will have to think about for the next 2 years.

9. Kay

Kay Guest

For me it starts with eye contact and some special attention. Then you can flirt and become charming. It would work on me. Everyone likes to be noticed (eye contact). We all want to be different and perhaps a cut above (Special attention). Then we all like the idea of toying with someone (flirting) Finally we all love to be desirable (Charming) It should work. IT may help to find out in advance that she is open to another woman's advances. Good luck

10. GuidingLight

She is in fact into women. She's Bi. I have complimented her, I uncontrollably give her attention. I have told her about what she wears, ect.

11. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    :grin: well good. Hmm. Maybe she's just oblivious lol :confused:

12. GuidingLight

lol I wouldnt know how to make the first move...i'm such an idiot.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done it twice, but the first girl already had a crush on me XD. I just asked her to a movie and wrapped my arm around her shoulders when walking out. She melted to a puddle.

Lol it wasn't that easy the second time. She professed afterward that every sign I gave to her (asking her out multiple times :eek:, touching her subtly when we sat next to each other, etc.) flew right over her head. We were out at the beach one night and I said something like "When I asked you to X place, I didn't mean just as friends." She got the message then. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: